NBC 2011 Mid-Season Schedule

Toups

• Administrator

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/nbc-shakes-up-midseason-schedule-puts-6-comedies-on-thursday-renews-30-rock/

MONDAYS

8-9 p.m. – “Chuck”

9-10 p.m. – “THE CAPE” will premiere with a two-hour episode on Sunday, January 9 (9-11 p.m.). New episodes start in its regular time period on January 17 (9-10 p.m.)

10-11 p.m. – “HARRY’S LAW’ (beginning January 17)

9-10 p.m. – “The Event” (returns on February 28, 9-11 p.m.; resumes in its regular time slot March 7)

10-11 p.m. -- “Parenthood” (debuts in this slot March 7 with all originals)

TUESDAYS

8-10 p.m. -- “The Biggest Loser: Couples” (beginning January 4)

10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood” (beginning January 4 for four episodes)

10-11 p.m. -- “Law & Order: Los Angeles” (beginning February 8)

WEDNESDAYS

8-9 p.m. -- “Minute to Win It” (beginning January 5)

9-10 p.m. –“Chase” (beginning January 12)

10-11 p.m. – “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” (originals beginning January 5 with two-hour episode, 9-11 p.m. ET)

9-10 p.m. – “AMERICA’S NEXT GREAT RESTAURANT” (beginning March 16)

THURSDAYS (all beginning January 20)

8-8:30 p.m. – “Community”

8:30-9 p.m. – “PERFECT COUPLES”

9-9:30 p.m. – “The Office”

9:30-10 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation”

10-10:30 p.m. – “30 Rock”

10:30-11 p.m. – “Outsourced”

FRIDAYS

8-9 p.m. -- “Who Do You Think You Are?” (beginning January 21)

9-11 p.m. – “Dateline NBC” (beginning January 7)

SUNDAYS

7-8 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”

8-9 p.m. – “The Marriage Ref” (beginning March 6)

9-11 p.m. – “The Celebrity Apprentice” (beginning March 6)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm lost just reading over this schedule... and networks wonder why shows don't catch on. If you keep a good show in a time slot consistently and actually advertise it.. then eventually viewers will come. If you jerk a show around then preempt it for two months (like they are going to do with The Event).. you shouldn't be shocked if the ratings never go up or even drop.

The Event should be scheduled like how ABC scheduled LOST... mid-season and playing for 22 weeks straight without any interruptions. Serial dramas/soaps don't work well if you interrupt the flow. jmho

• Administrator

I agree about serialized shows. It sucks that the event will be off for over 2 months. I like what NBC did with the Thursday comedy line up. I was looking forward to Love Bites but I guess that won't air until the spring now.

• Members

The Event is such a crappy show, I stopped watching it a while ago.

I love Parenthood and I am so disappointed that NBC will put it on Mondays in March opposite Castle and Hawaii: Ripoff. :(

30 Rock was renewed for another season BTW (probably the show's last one).

Guest dc cubs

Yeah, I don't see how Parenthood can do better rating wise on Monday nights when it is up against these two shows. This is a tough match up for Parenthood.

• Members

Finally we agree on sth. again.

"Harry's Law" is the ONLY new show I want and will check out this season. I'm optimistic that it will be a good show thanks to Kathy Bates - so NBC better not f*ck it up.

The prospects are slim though with those overall crappy ratings at NBC - what kind of lead-in can this show get? Basically none. So I hope the audience will be there and look as much forward to it as I...

• Members

This is exactly why I didn't watch this show after the debacle of Persons Unknown. I expected it to follow the same format of bad or convoluted writing and eventually being shuffled around the schedule. Heck, NBC didn't even bother airing one PU episode, only putting it online instead. I stuck with PU only because I'd invested the time to watch it but I knew it was a limited series...if NBC had changed their minds and renewed it, I wouldn't have bothered watching anymore.

I don't understand NBC promoting the hell out of shows only to sabotage them so much.

• Members

Is that the show starring the actress from Ugly Betty (the one who played the snarky receptionist?). If so, I've heard that the actress became pregnant thus making the show about a virgin obsolete so they had to retool it. The last I read, I think it's going to be a late-spring show.

Archived