OLTL - old articles, behind the scenes, etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know Eileen got hooked on painkillers after husband Dave died, and that Josh was her (very young) connection. I think both she and Julie just faded out to Florida after the Dorian/Mark/Victor arc. I always wanted to see another Siegel kid come on and try to ingratiate his or herself into Viki's life due to the Riley family connection. The show didn't make enough of the blended Irish-Jewish roots there.

• Members

It's too bad so much history from the show's first ten or so years was phased out because they probably thought the families were old hat or played out. There's still a lot of material there, especially for the Woleks.

It's interesting that Alice Hirson and Doris Belack were both on OLTL for many years then went on to such lengthy careers. It goes to show just how underrated soap casting is, or was anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh that's right this was when they were phasing Viki out of the show?

Jacquie looks a bit like Lauren Bacall there.

I have another article I'll put up later if I can, it's an early interview with Erika and they call her the Thinking Man's Marilyn Monroe.

Sometimes I take for granted how many years Erika's put in at OLTL. I can't imagine the show without her.

• Members

Comparing anyone to Marilyn Monroe is odd...I guess it was because she was wearing shorts in the photos, I don't know. :lol:

That might be Jane. At first I thought it was Claire Malis but she's wearing black.

I hope someone at OLTL might see the word "Melinda" and bring her back. MelindaMelindaMelinda...

Archived