OLTL - old articles, behind the scenes, etc.

• Members

That's definitely true (although unfortunately Robin's Dorian has also been treated that way for most of the last decade). I do think that when Elaine got the chance for more, she did an incredible job. It was the work of Mia Korf/PPW/Elaine that helped establish the new Cramer dynamics (along with Laura Bonnarigo), and the last time they were interesting as a family.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally, I think with the dark Addie/Blair stuff, she ushered in a new wave of depth for the character beyond being the pest from the Intruder, Robin got to really ride the wave with Lord of the Banner/DID... Canton (!), but yes, she's been relegated to the stock diva silliness (even worse than Elaine was) since her last return. On YouTube, there's some stuff with the end of her and Jason's relationship (Elaine and Robin) but I'd like to see some of the beginning.

• Members

Looking at that pic above, I am now positive that I saw Linda Gottlieb that day I talked about in an earlier thread. Kicking myself for not saying hello.

Look at Jessica's jeans going for her throat!

• Members

The whole thing is sad because you know Robin can do so much more than what they give her. It's so half-assed. I still can't believe she's been mayor of Llanview for over a year now. In the old days at least this would have caused a reaction in Llanview, even if it was tongue-clucking. I feel like this type of story is something more suited to Elaine's Dorian, as is teaming up with Viki against Echo, but even then she would still have no role. They put a dervish like Dorian in this role and they do nothing with it. At least have her embezzle money for a hat collection.

Not that this has anything to do with that, but it's one of the only traces I can find of the apparently bad story about Pat's crazy cousin who impersonated Pat. It's a photo from the January 8, 1980 Digest.

03-02-2011025025AM51.jpg

• Members

I have to hand it to Linda Gottlieb: at least she was willing to admit they wouldn't go as far w/ Billy's storyline as they might've wanted to. If it had been Christopher Goutman, let's say, or Julie Hanan Carruthers, they would've hemmed and hawed some flimsy excuse ("Well ... we're not averse to exploring a gay relationship, per se ... ") and then change the subject entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was reading an interview with Todd Davis (Brian, GH) and it said that when he was Josh Hall on OLTL, they were going to put him in an interracial relationship, but backed off in fear of negative reaction.

Does anyone know who that would have been with? Sam? Tina?

• Members

it's cool to see the Gillian Spencer article. It's so rare to see anything that has to do with Gillian Spencer and OLTL because it was so long ago. Too bad everyone else in that photo is dead now. I don't know if the man who played Him Craig is dead but i beleive so. I think they killed his character off back in the 80's so maybe he died then. John Barendino died in 1995. and Lee Patterson died a few years ago. But Gillian is still alive and well.

• Members

Thank you for reading. I didn't know if it would get any interest in this thread but I didn't want to put it in its own thread because those get lost and after a while you can't find them in search.

I did post this because it had some rare photos (I'd never seen the one of her in the glasses - was that a rehearsal shot or one from the show?) so I really appreciate you reading it. I do still plan to post some Erika articles in the appreciation thread, if I can find them again.

Nat Polen died in 1981, I think. Jim Craig just sort of disappeared from OLTL, although if you said he was killed off then I guess he was. I've seen little of that time.

• Members

Carl, for classic and rare pictures of OLTL you can look at the Pictorical book from Ma Perkins to Mary Noble....it's about all the soaps full of B&W and rare pictures!!! And it has a very rare picture of the wedding of Jim and Anna Craig with all the guests!!!!

Archived