OLTL - old articles, behind the scenes, etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That Al Freeman, Jr. article is great, you can tell that's a man who really loves his wife. I wonder if they're still together. Oh how I long to be a '70s/'80s soap star with a nice place in the city and a weekend getaway upstate...

• Members

IMDB says they're still together, although you don't know how often it's updated.

109 pages. I forget sometimes that Phil would have that much dialogue, I think of Asa as just saying the same few catchphrases. That was later on though.

Do you know who that Blaine character was in the wedding photos? Poor Nicholas Walker looks a bit like an alien.

• Members

Here's a look back at when the Buchanan men rode into town. I wonder if we had the internet back then, if people would be complaining about how Asa, Bo and Clint ate up the show! The article is from Afternoon TV (1981)

[url=Top.jpg]

Top-1.jpg

Top-2.jpg

Top-3.jpg

Top-4.jpg

• Members

In the spirit of history, would anyone mind if I posted a couple recent pictures of Ellen Holly (Carla) from this past October? I just found these; they're from a New York awards ceremony, and she really doesn't look all that different from how she did in 1983, save a white mane of hair.

• Members

I have no sense of etiquette and I don't have any kind of Photobucket account or anything and I'm usually no good at this so I'm going to try and do the cheap thing and just link directly to Contactmusic. Let's see what happens.

national_arts_awards_18_wenn3055392.jpg

national_arts_awards_13_wenn3055387.jpg

I guess they should be resized.

I'm glad to see her out and about and looking pretty damn good for her age. It stokes my mad dreams of them having her back on the show before she passes away in order to do right by the character and her family.

Archived