Soapnet will be running older episodes featuring Jason Morgan from GH on Black Friday

• Members

On Black Friday of this year, SoapNet will be running older episodes of Jason in their "Black T-Shirt Friday" marathon. The marathon will start at 7pm EST on November 26. This information and a summary of the episodes that will be shown was posted at SID's website:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2010/11/its-a-jason-morgan-marathon.html

I'm not a fan of Jason but maybe some viewers might want to see/revisit some of these episodes like the ones from 1996 and 1997. I wish they would have included at least one episode before his brain injury when he was Jason Quatermaine.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A "Black T-Shirt Friday" marathon? Really? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. What, no Hallowe'en GH marathons? No Sonny & Brenda marathons? No Let's-Have-a-Shootout-in-a-Church-on-Good-Friday marathons? Heaven forfend they put on a classic episode of AMC or OLTL now that they have effectively worked through the GH archives.

• Members

I remember when Soapnet used to have some good marathons during the different holidays or for special events. But they stopped doing a lot of those in favor of showing way too many episodes of shows like 90210.

I remember seeing a marathon for Valentine's Day, where past episodes were shown for the different soaps. Including when Sami was trying to marry Austin in Vegas on Days, and when Dixie was upset with Tad for sleeping with

Leslie Coulson.

I also remember seeing a marathon where Asa had "died" and a lot of his wives returned for his funeral. (I'm not sure if that was the Valentine's marathon or not). And then one time they did a marathon featuring episodes of Emmy nominees from that year even from shows they didn't normally show like ATWT.

One of the best marathons I saw was the Bo and Hope through the years marathon they did one time. That was a good marathon and they showed at least two or three Days episodes from the 80's, including when Bo prevented Hope from marrying Larry. And the episodes of their first wedding and when Hope gave birth to Shaun. That was good stuff. Soapnet doesn't show really show fun stuff like that anymore.

They show too much stuff like old episodes of 90210, One Tree Hill, OC and Gilmore Girls and some movies that aren't really good. I don't mind One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls, but I wish they would show less of those shows and more classic soap stuff.

• Members

It just all seems so tenuous. They essentially picked a bunch of episodes where Jason is, um, wearing a black T-shirt. Like, that was the only criteria. They really missed a trick with Hallowe'en being last week -- I'm sure there are some cool HW episodes from not just GH but Days, AMC, OLTL and Y&R. Or with Thanksgiving coming up, they could have gone with that theme. Heck, they could have done a "Jason and his Laydeez" marathon and screened Robin, Liz, Courtney (kill me now) and Sam episodes where they shared a first kiss or something.

• Members

Anyone remember when soapnet came on the scene and during the summer they would show those weddings one week was erica kane's weddings, the next asa's weddings and so on and they would show the best and worst weddings. I use to love that, I would skip VBS (Vacation Bible School) for those classic, and let's not forget dysfunctional family night of saturdays!

• Members

If I didn't respect you as much as I do, for being such an entertaning poster, I would have a couple things to say to you right now.

Where's Bellcurve when you need him?

I'll just do my best impression:

"Who brought up Bobbie Spencer?! Again, just trying to start controversy!...Ps, I LOVE OLIVIA!"

Archived