The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So I watched the entire series in less than a week and then took a few days to read through this ENTIRE thread..heres a few thoughts.

This is the first show I've watched where literally every character I wanted to die, outside of the Governor, died.

I hate hate hateeeeeeed Andrea for the entirety of the three seasons, I was actually pissed they took so long to kill her off. I remember as I was watching season 3 telling my boyfriend I have no idea why they would give the worst character of the main cast her own season long subplot. Those final scenes with Milton were such bullshit. She knows this fool is about to turn but they're sitting around conversing like [!@#$%^&*] girlfriends?? It was the final stupid ass decision in three seasons worth of stupid ass decisions that Andrea made.

I thought the season 3 finale was weak. I wasn't really left wanting more as I had been with the previous two.

I truly am just confused as to why NO ONE has killed the [!@#$%^&*] governor. It completely baffled and annoyed me all season.

I will say that I'm with everyone that agreed with Carl killing that boy. Maybe it was unintentional on the actor's part, but he didn't seem scared at all and looked like was going to take out Carl and Herschel at any second.

I didn't even know people read the graphic novels until I came into this thread, so I was totally shocked by all the love for Michonne and especially Tyreese and Sasha who literally did jackshit.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I've never read them but I love Michonne a lot anyway.

The scenes with Milton and Andrea were a mess in part because the show had originally filmed scenes where he turned earlier and ate her, I think. Someone objected, and the scenes were filmed again some time later, to give her more dignity.

• Members

As time went on I began to appreciate her loyalty to people (even when they hadn't necessarily earned it), her strength, her vulnerable side (like her last scene with Andrea), and some of her occasional flashes of humor, like in the episode when she went alone with Carl and Rick. I think Danai has great scene presence.

I also think Rick and Michonne have a ton of chemistry and I was really thrown by that flirting scene in the finale (it was one of the few times since the show's started that Rick seemed...content, and not weak and crippled), although I know that's not likely to happen.

• Members

I get where Antoyne is coming from, but count me in as someone who loves Michonne. In a show where almost every characer is extra-bland and forgettable (Glenn and Meg anyone?) there's just something about Michonne that screams trustworthy-resourceful-badass. Gotta love her.