OLTL: Discussion for the week October 25

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tell you that actress that plays Hannah acts CIRCLES around the rest of the younger group. It's a shame there is no way to keep her after all of this blows up. She's really good.

Am I wrong but from the Echo/Clint stuff they want me to believe that their affair went on for months instead of just a one night stand, because Clint never went on a business trip to NM and bought Echo that necklace ALL those years ago. Clint and Echo are SO Rex's parents. They are going to pass Charlie off as his father, making Viki look like the bad guy when she won't let it go that Echo is up to something, and then Charlie is going to look like an idiot when he takes up for Echo and blames Viki for not wanting Rex to be his son. JMO.

John/Natalie :wub:

How far are they going to take Marty, I wonder?

• Members

+1

I can't wait for Echo body slam Vikki! I'm new to the show, don't know enough history to care about Vikki, and can't stand the character. I know long term fans love her but she always seems to be up on a soap box. Also, her face is plastic and that hair looks like a bird's nest. Oppps...you guys probably love her.

+!

Hannah is great! I'm new to the show, started watching since the end of ATWT, but gotta say that RC is one of the best soap writers currently working. No, the show isn't perfect but is so much better than everything else on. RC would be a great HW for Y&R in that he really knows how to use the entire cast.

• Members

So, how long before they kill Tea off for real? She plays well off of Todd but I just don't see them as a long term love connection. Also, (and this will sound mean) doesn't Todd usually get paied with really pretty women? Todd just seems too shallow to settle for a woman who looks like Tea. Plus, isn't Marty like the love of his life or something like that?

• Members

Todd and Tea have a long history dating back to the mid-late 90's when she initially married him for I think a million bucks so that he could get custody of Starr..They recently fell back in love after the rape-mance with Marty and after he found out he had a daughter with Tea.

Marty hates Todd.

• Members

what and Tea isnt pretty? She is beautiful and Todd isnt shallow like that. Todd has been around for almost 20 years and he doesn not get paired with many women. When he falls in love, its based on the connection he has with the woman, not her looks. His 2 great loves have been Blair and Tea. To a much lesser extent there was Rebecca but they didnt date, although he felt a strong connection to her. He claimed to love Marty but he was suffering a mental breakdown and that came across as a crazy obsession, not actual love. Marty the love of his life? He raped her and years later kidnapped and raped her again. Theres no love there.

Love of his life is subjective. Aside from 2002 when Tea briefly returned for about 3 months, he's always chosen Tea. As long as both are in town, writer after writer, has potrayed them as being the couple with her as his main love interest. Ever since they reunited last year, they've been treating her as the love of his life. It should be interesting to see where they go from here, bc they've never had a happy marriage. Their first one was more of a business arrangement. The second time they got married, it was for love but it literall lasted 10 minutes. The third time lasted maybe a week before it was declared invalid bc she was already married. Now things are different bc this is the first time they are married for love with no obstacles in the way

• Members

The love of Todd's life is Todd.

He has beaten Tea up, used her to get him out of criminal charges, ruined her career, and left her to die on an island. He told Blair her baby was dead. He raped Marty twice.

The main reason he didn't do anything to Rebecca was because she got the hell out of town...of course she still ended up going crazy in that wretched KAD story.

• Members

ICAM and it was never more noticeable than on Friday when KA is trying to act all dramatically tragic at saying goodbye to her baby. MF stole that scene with from KA as tears poor slowly down Hannah's face and she visibly trembles with some real regret. MF sold Hannah as a tormented soul. MW should have taken acting lessons from MF as his evil Eli never showed any soul whatsoever.

I was watching back when Echo was originally on and I thought it was more than just one night. Wasn't it more like a short affair? But my memory could be faulty. It's long enough ago that I am ok with RC embelishing the history there. I think Clint shutting down Echo so hard makes it clear he's the dad. But maybe RC sets it up as WTD with initially Charlie testing positive? But there's no conflict in Charlie being the dad really, as he already likes Rex and loves Shane as a grandson.

• Members

Tea certainly isn't the stereotypical, bleached blonde, pretty soap starlett. She's a gorgeous Latina beauty. But to cut SaveATWT some slack, he's new and only watched when Tea's been positively sickly looking. I think he needs to wait until Tea's back to full health to really see Florencia's loveliness shine. Tea always reminded me of Audrey Hepburn, with her high cheekbones, delicate creamy skin and those stunning eyes and mouth.

I believe Todd loved Rebecca. She was his first love, the angel who helped save him. It's just Malone threw Rebecca under the bus to prop up Blair and rewrote it so Todd's first love was Blair. Marty's always been written as his "obsession" never a real love.

FL refused to return for a longer stint and KDP's a lifer so of course Todd chose Blair. It was all backstage driven.

Yep, Todd and Téa are infamous for only getting 24 hours of happiness before all hell breaks loose and they split up. Sounds like RC is going to take them on uncharted territory, a real loving marriage with no secrets, lies or obstacles hanging over their head from the start. How long will happy times last? I am guessing they get a few weeks of real happily ever after before they start fighting over Dani & Nate.

• Members

It was a 5 million deal total. Tea didn't get the last million on their 1st anniversary because they fell in love and planned to marry for real. Also, Tea donated a chunk of it all to charity after kicking Todd out for the DID lies.

Todd and Téa were in love from 1997 through 2000. Tea briefly returned to get thrown under the bus to prop up Blair and T&B in 2002. She returned again in December 2008 and they spent 2009 falling back in love. In 2010, Todd's only been in love with Tea.

• Members

To clarify, Todd was driven out of his mind nuts with paranoia holding half the town hostage b/c Bukes were framing him for murder Nora's daughter Rachel committed. Tea pretty desperate herself got in Todd's face and he punched her ONCE. Todd knocked her out and let out a scream of anguish at what he'd done. Todd did NOT beat Tea up. In fact, Todd left far MORE bruises all over Blair's arms when he raped her... that was latter rewritten to just rough sex.

Todd has mishandled and abused all his women, including Rebecca. He shook her so hard once I thought her head would fall off. That's his character.

• Members

Yeah, no, when I knock someone out with one punch, it's assault. Not that I personally have, I'm not Mr. T., but you get the idea.

As for Blair in 2004, that was a terrible story, but it was also revealed to have been rough consensual sex, something neither Blair nor Tea are strangers to with Todd. It's not the same thing as a punch in the face, although Carl is correct that Todd commits emotional, mental and spiritual violence against all the women and children in his life. He only loves himself. Everything since the rapemance has had Todd delivering important lines and doing important "emotional" scenes with only the flattest of droning affects. He's checked out, unless he's angry and in a rage.

And Rebecca wasn't thrown under the bus. Reiko Aylesworth left the show. I loved her, but that's what happened. They moved Todd on, no one got hurled.

I welcome a long-term, full-tilt marriage for Todd and Tea. It will prove what I've always suspected about them, which is that if they actually had nothing between them and no limits on the bedroom they would revert to tearing each other apart anyway. It's what they like about being with each other, the lies, the mindgames, the rough sex, everything just short of beating the [!@#$%^&*] out of each other. It's what they're good at. And in the right context it would be insanely watchable. Let Tea have the sociopath, by all means. It will be good TV.

• Members

Yeah, I've only seen Tea in hospital beds and on the run. I actually thought she was a fairly new character and didn't know Todd and Tea had such a long history. I remember Todd and Marty promos from years back and am just now learing a lot of the history. Is Todd really that bad? From what I've seen, he seems deeply troubled but, deep down, a good guy. Also, the actor gives off a lot of sex appeal and seems to have a lot of passion. As for Tea's looks, I'm used to CBS soaps where the majority of characters have perfect hair and make up even at death's door. In general, CBS and ABC seem to have a different standard when it comes to beauty and style. This is mainly true with the male characters where the guys seem less muscled and waxed. On ATWT, the guys were either pretty like Aaron Snyder or plain like Michael Park.

Archived