TALK: Overnight Ratings Strong, Should Soaps Be Worried?

bellcurve

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For all the hate that people dump on The View, I think it's one of the more authentic talk/interview shows on the air. The same way your first Christmas dinner after rehab/coming out/being released from prison/finding your birth mother is authentic.

The Talk may find it's niche but first - and my apologies to MTV - people need to stop being polite and start being real.

• Members

I tuned in yesterday, and once again, self-congraulatory hooey abounded. This show is a pandering piece of crap, and Leah is the most obnoxious person on TV. I thought her character on King Of Queens was obnoxious, but she was just playing a milder version of herself on that show. Well, lucky for me, I have FOUND my zen in the talk show world, and it's called "The Gossip Queens" that show is faboo!

• Members

Saw The Talk with Kathy Griffin, I thought it was really good. A really nice, breezy, fun watch. Julie Chen seems to be loosening up quite a bit, ditto Sharon, whose come into her own with her Marie Claire eruption. Julie actually seems to be a woman with a good sense of humour, very likeable.

Holly Robinson Peete and Marissa Jaret Winokur seem useless. The show could drop those two and you'd never, ever, notice.

What was interesting is that Julie actually brought up THE VIEW, Kathy's evisceration of the show was delicious.

• Members

Julie Chen rules. She wants to legalize pot AND she was dying at Kathy Griffin's Whitney Houston story.

P.S. I had no idea Kathy Griffin was 50. REALLY?! WOW! I thought she was at least a decade younger for some reason. She's been in TV for years. She must've landed the big break in her 30's.

Archived