Downton Abbey: Discussion Thread

Sylph

• Members

I don't remember if Edith ever did anything to Mary other than the Pemuk thing, but I kind of doubt it. I think after Sybil's death, Edith put her resentments on the backburner. Mary, otoh, never seemed to have any empathy for Edith whatsoever.

It does feel like these guys get the girls because the show's wrapping up and everyone needs a happy ending. I think the show actually chickened out---I think Tom and Mary would have been been well suited. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that Edith is the bigger person and has grown the most. The men aren't really fully formed characters the way Matthew was. Maybe it's the actors, I'm no sure. I'm hoping that Mary goes to Edith's guy (Yikes I can't even remember  either of the men's names) and advocates for her. I'd like to see Mary change for the better and make things right with Edith before the show is over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

I can't wait!

It's funny, a royal visit to the house is also the plot in one of the best episodes ("Guest of honour") of "Upstairs, Downstairs", a show which obviously served as an inspiration for the creators of Downton Abbey.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Return to Downton Abbey: A Grand Event 9.19.19 Thursday NBC 
Specials

TVPG, New, HD, Captioned

7:00 PMCT/ 8:00 PMET (60 mins)

The cast of Downton Abbey will join Derek Hough in the historic Highclere Castle in England to speak about the ground-breaking series leading up to the world premiere of ‘The Downton Abbey’ film to hit theaters.

Edited by DAMfan