Downton Abbey: Discussion Thread

Sylph

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They really needed to work on Marigold's eyes...much as I find her adorable and Edith through and through they have this haunted look to them. How many episodes are they in now? Making me want to rewatch the Christmas Special although not a whole lot got resolved. But there were some seeds planted regarding my favorite character (Thomas) that I really found interesting. And oh my God the best part is just too good to spoil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Mary has always been an ugly character when it comes to Edith...I just don't get it though. Its so vile and nasty and truly makes it hard to root for her. Even though she's so confident and has a decent side to her as well. I just wish Edith would stick up for herself tho and knock her down a peg or two.

It's about time. I wonder if more fans or most fans like Mary to be honest. Or if they view her as petty and way too cruel. If this were an American I'd say something or voice my opinion to the writers but it's just not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've suspected and been waiting for this moment ever since I started this show a couple of years ago and it was so moving. I wasn't expecting it to drop at that moment and so when I finally realized what was happening i was so excited.

Its ridiculous how little moments like that make me squeal like a child lol. Like when Mary gets that bold new hair style and the music that plays in the back ground as she turns around in her chair...

This show is such perfection. My only wish is that Thomas get a true love interest. I know the time period and I don't need him to be out and prancing about the manor but I just want the guy to be happy for once! The scene where he and Jimmy said by was so sweet yet sad. And it almost made me wonder what was going on. Wasted chemistry and opportunity there IMO.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• 3 weeks later...