Head Writer salaries

• Members

So she speaks the truth (or so it seems, most of the time). Now what? Many speak the truth, but no one gives a rat's ass about it in today's world (sad, but...). What's she going to do about it? B!tch until there are no days left on Earth? You can sit in your shitty little chair, write/talk (mostly truthful or whatever) [!@#$%^&*] about the people you once worked for and so on and so on... That sure ain't going to make you life any easier and it won't get you back on Y&R.

Further more, if Strasser, Fulton, Zimmer... are all "insane" or whatever, I don't see why you should be too and how that somehow absolves you of... something.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nor will it make "ironic" hipsters sad attempts at being "cutting edge" by dissecting every word she says in vain attempts to make false equivalencies as a means to not deal with facts, disparity & progressive dialogue any less desperate or obsolete.

Absolution? :lol:

[Katherine Chancellor] Dear God In Heaven [/Katherine Chancellor]

• Members

I strongly wish Victoria Rowell's name would be given the Cola Foof treatment on this board. Every time this woman's name and psychotic behavior comes up in a thread, invariably I want to punch someone in the face. Hard. As hard as they can stand it.

As for the writer salaries, of course that's a minimum. That's what agents/managers are for. I'm also sure they can be capped.

• Members

I think people who want to dismiss her as someone's who's unhinged because she makes them uncomfortable would think of her as unstable. There's quite a number of people who think of her as a champion for diversity, especially in light of people like KSJ who would rather not make any waves because he wants to stay employed. And people like Darius McCrary who "wants to get paid". As a matter of fact this is the status quo for a lot of Black actors and it's primarily one of the reasons nothing gets changed behind the lens.

When you use terms like "her truth" it makes it seems like she's a crazy nut making [!@#$%^&*] up and she would have to be a whole lot of crazy to recall in detail her treatment behind the scenes. I for one find her tweets refreshing. Clearly she doesn't give a damn what people think about her and she's certainly not afraid to be blacklisted. I applaud her for taking a stand which is a hell of a lot more than other Black actors are willing to do. I would actually love to see her on Oprah where her voice can reach a broader market.

• Members

I use the term "her truth" because that's what it is. Her recollection of events and how she felt as a result of them. There are always 3 stories, 1 on each end of the spectrum and the one in the middle which is the factual truth.

In all honesty, I don't doubt much of what Victoria Rowell says, she has nothing to gain and everything to lose by being as outspoken as she is, so I think she presents the truth, as she experienced it, in an upfront way.

That said, she does get some things wrong. The "I made Y&R Number 1" comment is case in point.

• Members

But they'll get another David E. Kelly-deal like in the 90s. (50 million bucks as a TALENT DEAL) Viewership is down across the board - drastically. Even without a recession, there is less ad dollar to go around in a stiffer competetion of programming (and the internet) than some years ago.

Archived