Head Writer salaries

• Members

According to Victoria Rowell's tweets, HWs for one hour make $33,345 per week and for half hour they make $19,106. Regular writers for one hour receive $3,373 per script per week & half hour writers receive $1,827 per script per week. Breakdown script writers receive $1,929 per script and half hour writers are paid $1,028.

I find it interesting. MAB receives $30,000 per week excluding her co executive salary and she produces crap week after week. :rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! I'm still waiting for VR to explain why she claims Y&R went to #1 after she joined the show in 1990 when the Nielsen Ratings prove that the show went permanently to #1 in 1988, 2 years before she was even on. LOL.

That aside, she is probably in the ballpark about writers salaries. It's all public info on the WGA website. She must be jealous that she doesn't make that kind of money.

• Members

So if it came out of Bergman or Braden's mouth it would have been the gospel? I don't see the need to label the woman unhinged just because she's making waves. If people are uncomfortable because she chooses to reveal what goes on behind the scenes then so be it.

Would love to know the answer to this.

• Members

Money, I don't think people are uncomfortable with the stuff she's saying. It's how she chose to do so. Just look at that Twitter account. It's sheer career suicide, it's so easy to call her a loon, you don't have to move a finger. I think people are saddened with what they see (but then again, some are enjoying it enormously).

• Members

Of course, she has yet to explain her claim that Y&R went to #1 AFTER she joined the show, yet the ratings archives clearly show Y&R as the #1 show beginning in 1988, 2 years before she was ever on the show. She can't be taken seriously when she spews such incorrect info.

• Members

That is only if her career consisted soley within soaps and twitter is the fastest and cheapest way to self promote. There are probably as many people listening to her that are laughing at her, her circle is larger then the soap world so I don't think she cares about what people are saying.

As crazy as she seems to some she speaks the truth, which is why so many attack her personally inside of focusing on the statements that she makes about unequality.

• Members

She speaks the truth some of the time. Ms Rowell's comments about bringing Y&R to #1, when in fact that event pre-dated her appearance on the show by two years. That comment blew her credibility somewhat.

That said, her comments about how she was treated behind the scenes at Y&R are her truth and she's most certainly entitled to express that opinion. The way she goes about it is a double edged sword. She's uncensored, which is powerful, but it also paints her in a less than stable light.

Archived