Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember when someone from the show (Goutman?) talked up how the globe in that opening was comprised of clips from old episodes, and I thought, "How am I supposed to be impressed by that, when we can barely see 'em!?" 

• Members

The fact that we didn't see Penny Cunningham or Ellen Stewart when Nancy Hughes passed away, but the focus centered so much on Katie (

Please register in order to view this content

) cemented my hatred for that character (and Goutman).

• Members

Y'all are going to stop coming for my toilet flush opening! 

Please register in order to view this content

I am one of the small few that liked that theme.

That aside, I was up late last night watching Lucinda lose Walsh--really the first time I've seen those scenes. It bothered me to see my poor Lucy accept defeat so easily. I expected her to go out in a blaze; however, she took it on the chin. I find myself not liking Connor, Kirk, or Evan at all during this arc. And one of the people really getting my attention in this story is Bianca and her ripping apart everyone who wronged Lucinda. I've always wondered why Bianca was just forgotten. She seriously should've been brought back in the later years of the show. They could've easily put Lily on ice and changed her out for Bianca once Martha left. I am sitting her wracking my brain to see if I can even remember them mentioning Bianca in the last decade of the show. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I mean she was popular in my school and with my friends and maybe she wasn’t just beloved by the older audience. I can just talk for me but I never had any problem with her character. There were others much more annoying or unneeded 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

As so many old writers were pushed out, newer people would not know her. If they had brought her back, she likely would have drugged and raped Holden and tried to kill Lucinda and Lily to get their money.

• Members

The handling of the betrayal is compelling because there were so many different angles. Connor wanted the company and also wanted to punish Lucinda for her own insecurities and hurting her father. Evan and Kirk just wanted power. Holden felt he owed nothing to Lucinda because she'd already treated him like garbage. There was no good and no bad. Lucinda did pay, but unlike when OLTL did this with Dorian and she would have to go on outlandish revenge schemes, Lucinda refused to let them get her down and she retreated with dignity, only to come back stronger than ever. The whole story was very mature and I could care about everyone involved. One of the few times a corporate espionage story on a soap was worth watching, and a reminder that you can tell these types of stories and have years-long consequences even without a lot of misery or slaughter.

• Members

I was very impressed with the material posted from this a couple years ago and always wanted to see the whole storyline. I think Lucinda went back to her family home after this?

• Members

I think that's what led to the therapy story and flashbacks and the visit home, yes. (Hubbard later complained about how the whole thing played out onscreen but I still give Marland and Caso a lot of credit for taking that swing) I need to rewatch some of that soon. I remember some lovely scenes where John went to visit her at the stables or somewhere. 

That whole period of ATWT, 91-92, will forever fascinate me (well, mostly).