• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You mean P&G? Or the collector.

Unless episodes are in HD quality, I Don think episodes would sell very well, at least not consistently. This is why B&B is streaming their classic episodes on their own YouTube channel and even there, people often complain about the poor visual quality.

By the standards of today, I don’t see many people buying anything less than 1080p quality. The SoapsClassics people understood this, which is why every single DVD that they sold was in such clear visual quality.

• Members

It’s very interesting because Netflix lost nearly a million subscribers this year, but you know what type of streaming service is doing very well? Free Ad-Supported Television A.K.A. “FAST”. The Pluto TV and Freevee type streamers. 

P&G could be doing their own version of FAST and running ads for their own products. They could even run retro commercials on a regular basis and fans would watch. It would be akin to comfort food.  Have soap stars film a brief introduction to announce episodes that were really groundbreaking or were a fan favorite. Have fans vote for their favorite episodes beforehand. There are genuine possibilities to make use of the P&G library. 

Hell, even the music for pivotal scenes, have segments where the musicians talk about how a certain song was used for episodes or characters. Do you think Jermaine Jackson or Billy Ocean will turn down the chance to remind people about their hits? We all have seen an artist’s catalog get reactivated because the music was featured on a show.

Who wouldn’t want to hear about Gloria Loring’s creative process and how “Friends and Lovers” came to be?

• Members

I don't think anyone is unhappy. I think people are pointing out the lengths they have to go to to see a vintage episode that other genres would have already put out  on DVD years ago. 

Edited by DRW50