Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Eduardo died the day they were married, if memory serves. But she did love him very much. Unlike Whit, when she stopped using McCall before his body was even cool.

If the Earl Mitchell Center had still been being mentioned, maybe she would've returned to using that. 

• Members

In September 1999, Molly was fooling around with young Chris at the Hughes house (probably last time we saw the living room) and Nancy almost caught them. Molly referred to her as “Mrs. McCloskey.” It was during a weird time when Nancy would be “Hughes” or “McCloskey,” probably depending on who write the dialogue on a given day.

• Members

Hey all. I don't really follow this thread, but on my research travels I found this. Not sure if it is known info or not, but thought I would share. Usually cast and writer info is needed for most shows. This is from Oct 10, 1981

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No worries. I had a quick look at HW info on the wiki page and noticed I had some info that contradicted this. It was widely reported in Feb 1970 that Irna Phillips was trying to get out of her contract with P&G. It was stated that the sponsors wouldn't allow it, but by March 1970 Irna had managed to free herself and move to ABC with her daughter Katherine, who had been assisting her at ATWT. Katherine is never mentioned as a HW only as a writer and I believe Katherine Phillips and Babecki are the same person A World Apart is considered her show and her first HW gig. Irna stated in interviews she had been HW with ATWT for over 12 years.

Winifred Wolfe came on Sep 1970 and was there about a year. The Last mention I found was Nov 71, when an article states that John Boruff has joined as a writer of ATWT along with Warren Swanson. Both had previously left the show with Irna and Katherine to do A World Apart. So if Boruff, Swanson and Tillman took over as wiki states, it must have been brief since Irna returns in Jan 72. 

I couldn't find any info on any HW between Mar and Sep 1970. So I assume Joe Kane and Ralph Ellis are correct. Not sure if this is of interest but it is just some stuff I found. 

Also apparently K.C Collier's first move in 1981 was to get rid of Natalie. Seems she left town the week of Aug 10, 1981. So I guess K.C's scripts were airing by that week. 

If I come across other stuff on my searches I will post it here

Edited by will81

• Members

Does anyone know what else Collier did? I just find the credit for ATWT at this time and nothing else..could the name be a cover for someone else? What an odd time on the show...the Dobson's leave...Wagner quits, the 25th anniversary is Kim and Nick's wedding and no other celebration...then the strike and someone bringing all these new characters on for the summer who just disappeared in the fall.

• Members

ATWT had a big 25th Anniversary party at Radio City Music Hall in April 1981 and used this as an intro for new writer Paul Roberts. It was reported the Dobsons were let go. Apparently viewers and soap press were annoyed that they recycled stories from Guiding Light. Paul Roberts stories began airing mid April 1981 but the writers strike started Apr 11 (so pretty much the same time) He may have gotten about a month of story on air before being replaced and it seems he never returned. I assume this is why nothing of signifigance happened during the anniversary.

All I could find about K.C Collier is the below. Maybe she went back to primetime but was never a major writer??? 

Please register in order to view this content