As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

We've all discussed her first marriage to Weber. Check the old posts.

Also there was a whole entire thread about soap stars who were married to other soap stars on their respective soaps and ATWT actors featured heavily, including Finn. Old news.

They're not related but whoa, the coincidence of having two left-leaning Southern families named Carter! That's one mighty coincidence. Somebody might want to consult Skip Gates!

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Emmy Award-winning actor Nicolas Coster will be my guest in The Locher Room on Wednesday, May 19th at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST. In his new memoir, Another Whole Afternoon, Nicolas shares his reflections from a London kid's transition from a British privileged life to becoming an American: from cowboy to factory worker, from movie actor to Presidential Guard, on Broadway to daytime soap opera fame and prime-time TV star. A turbulent but rewarding love life! All in search of creative expression. Along the way introducing disabled scuba divers and fellow celebrities to the wonders of the great undersea world. Truly harrowing Atlantic crossings as well as tranquil tropical splendors...these memories reflect an adventurous life many would envy. Daytime television fans will recognize Nicolas from his popular roles on As the World Turns (Edward Grimaldi), Another World (Robert Delaney) and Santa Barbara (Lionel Lockridge) to name a small number of those roles. In his 70-year career, Nicolas has appeared in over a dozen soap operas, countless primetime television shows and scores of stage and screen productions. This memoir "Another Whole Afternoon" is his first behind the scenes retelling of his life in front of the camera and his adventures beyond it.

• Members

One, I hadn't realized Costner was still alive, or had written a previous book. Hopefully Locher can get some good stories from him. But FCOL, couldn't he get the name of his ATWT character straight? It's Eduardo Grimaldi. Attention to detail counts.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

DramatistDreamer, just for the heck of it, I just googled "Michael Swan Finn Carter" and this turned up first on the list. It's from Finn Carter's Instagram account back in December 23, 2015. She commented on the post  "Photo by Michael Swan 12. 10. 15" Who really knows what kind of relationship they had (just hot sex--and don't talk politics?!) or for how long, but I feel like this supports what I posted about seeing on Swan's FB a few years ago. https://www.instagram.com/p/_p76MLimn9/?hl=en

• Members

Ah, a promo for the infamous "John rapes Dee" only kinda sorta not.  And totally agree with you, this group Annie, Brad, Dee, John, were morose and depressing and CONSTANTLY on..and I was glad when the Dobson's spun John off into enemies with James (while keeping Dee in the mix but only on the side.) Days and days would be full of weird Brad looking longlingly at Dee and Dee doing the same and being yelled at by John and David..David angry all the time, Ellen looking worried, Nancy and Chris pulled out of moth balls for walk ons...

• Members

Yikes at the audio/video syncing issues but it's nice to see an episode where Nella is actually working as a nurse, further proof that she was NOT a candy striper, lol.

Too bad there are almost no episodes on YT of Nella in the nursing program with Meg.

That scene with the nurse who refuses to care for Hank because he is the partner of an AIDS patient is a reminder of where society was where HIV and AIDS were concerned--the prejudice. There also seems to be a hint of homophobia in the nurse's stance as well. Also a reminder, perhaps that while we judge the characterization of Hank and his relationships from able millennium perspective, the reality of what it took to get this story onto daytime television, on perhaps the most conservative network at the time is a whole other matter.

• Members

Gosh, I'm sorry that a week or two ago I posted a mis-rememberance of what Nella Franklin's job was back in 1988-89. I never insisted that she was a candy striper and personally never asked for proof. While I respect your wealth of knowledge about ATWT, I'm not sure a "LOL" about my saying she was a candy striper was necessary.

Edited by DanMan869
grammar

• Members

Not to wade into any arguments but I'm not sure the comments were directed at any one person - I may have also referred to Nella as a candy striper in the past, because as mentioned above, there are huge gaps in episodes and I have some vague memories of her in that role. 

Edited by DRW50