As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I know some don't like it, but I actually think this might be my favorite ATWT theme. Maybe it's the closing more than the opening music, but there's just something so peaceful and beautiful about it, particularly the middle section.

My grandmother watched this show to the end, and I remember once or twice her having it on when we visited her and my grandfather (out of state), and I'm pretty sure I saw the opening during this era, or at least the bumpers smile.png .

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, it was...I remember that scene when it first aired.

I agree with you....the slower theme version was depressing. The show lost its vigor .....I was so glad the 2000 flush version came out...its a shame the closing credits that are included in the dvd werent shown on air.....it seemed like a newer hip version of the 80s theme.

• Members

LOL...at the Emily and Greta scene. Tho it was played so flat....and I love Emily just looking at her like "Uh, Yea...tell me something I don't know!"

At least Marland remembered Greta was James mom and she went to a lot of trouble to get him to be the Stenbeck heir. Guiding Light never brought people back for these one offs.

• Members

Just watched the first episode in the CarJack DVD. The episode was more about Lily and Holden than Carjack. I had forgotten Lily had caught Holden with Molly in bed. The episode was nicely done. I loved the performances from Byrne and Widdoes. Seeing Daniel Markel again was nice to see. I liked his David....an edge yet vunerable......funny how Jessica Klein is listed as HW on the credits with FMB as EP. And I didnt know Susan Dansby had directed an episode of ATWT.

• Members

Starting the 1998 episode. I've got to say the picture quality on this episode is superb. Nice vibrant colors...looks like HD quality. Sheri Alexander as Samantha.....Anthony Herrera looks good in this episode....Margo...Ellen Dolan...Hal....Lucinda....Kirk....Its a shame they gave up on ATWT. The show still had a lot of life in it in 98.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Not sure....at the end of the episode Lily is outside in the rain and they show a flashback where she is remembering catching Holden and Molly in bed. The 1998 episode is talking about the church fire...lol....Jessica Klein material with Holden being blamed for it....I think this is time where Sam and Kirk disappear.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I thought the fire was by the interim writers. I can't remember. The story was good, mostly because of some of the stuff with Barbara and Kim. The rest was a mess.

The episode I posted here yesterday is around this time (late 1997). It has Monti Sharp as Lew. If I hadn't seen him on GL, and enjoyed him, I never would have known he could act. He was awful on ATWT and GH.