AMC: Daniel Cosgrove Retruns

• Members

DC in the story gives it a bit more validity. As I said before, he has more of a leading man presence than AM did. I do like Scott and Annie but they seemed doomed to fail; more like a roadblock. I think they could have potential to be a power couple now, depending on if the two actors have chemistry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This.

I liked Mayfield. He started to work for me when they paired him with MCE. IMO, he did a good job showing me how Scott truly loves Annie. I didn't buy Scott as some corporate titan in the making but that's because of the writing. I don't see JR that way either and as long as they keep running Chandler Enterprises out of their living room, I never will.

I thought Cosgrove was on the short list to be the next Joey Buchanan.

Yup. Just like cloning, all this intra-breeding has rendered the genre terminal.

• Members

I don't get all of this "Adam Mayfield's dull and boring" stuff, it ain't like DC is popping off the screen Mr. Charisma von Showmanship. DC will suffer the same dull and boring streak as AM's Scott unless they do their work in the writers room. It seems very obvious to me that it was always the writing that was handicapping AM's Scott, he played what was on the page and I actually picked up on the actor's desire to go further with the role. They didn't allow him to truly school J.R. like they could have, to really make him a threat b/c the writing is in J.R.'s favor. I dunno, maybe that'll change, but taking a character in a new direction does NOT necessarily require a new actor, and I don't believe it did in this case.

Love her or hate her, you've lost the character of Marissa if you recast her too far from current type. She needs to stay on her side of the court, she doesn't need to be recast in Greenlee/Kendall/Amanda/Annie territory.

• Members

But does Scott have to be a "hunk"? I don't think so, I mean, I know this is a soap and everything. Shane McDermott's Scott was certainly not a hunk (which was kind of surprising to me as he played a "heartthrob" opposite SMG on Swans Crossing). But if they're looking for a Scott that'll *pop* they should have gone with frenetic energy Forbes (which I would have :rolleyes: to as well, for the record).

• Members

I look forward to JR finally having a worthy opponent and AM as Scott wasn't it.

I personally think this casting is about moving the character of Scott away from the quad and more towrds the Greenlee's and Kendalls where the character of Scott should be in the first place.

Archived