AMC: Daniel Cosgrove Retruns

• Members

I thought he was OK. I KINDA get why they think he won't work for this "new direction", and I admit, while he had NOTHING to do at the time, I liked Cosgrove in the role, so I'm not too upset. But yeah, no big surprise, and not something we're really in need of (I mean as much as she's slightly improved, why haven't they recast Randi yet? Carl, I think he was boring largely cuz they had no idea what to do with his character (he certainlyw as one of the more appealing of the newly added "hunks" at the time)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right. They had no idea what to do with him. I do wonder what might be different now. Will Marissa be his new, and equally unpleasant, Laura? I can't see him sparking with Annie, although you never know.

I just hope they haven't cast him to be the generic Cosgrove character. I hope they actually have a character arc planned out.

• Members

Oh yes I did! :lol: I thought physically and in some of his mannerisms, AM resembled PMV. But I'm not comparing Scott to the character of Ryan Harrison who was this strong hero with a generous heart and spirit.

PMV was AMAZING as Ryan, and Ryan was one of the best young leads in daytime back in the day. But I think PMV has evolved and would prob want to play somebody different now that he is older and more mature. He couldn't play the young, hot-headed cop anymore. The Ryan Harrison template, though? Defiitely needs to return to Daytime. I miss those heroes that genuinely try and do the right thing and truly love their one-and-only with all of their heart. :)

AW :(

• Members

He really was. Male characters just do not have that warmth anymore. It's ironic. They run around waving guns, smashing barware, holding their fists up to their respective beloveds, screwing them the night before in order to call them whores the morning after. But they don't come across as anywhere near as strong a masculine character as Ryan did.

To be fair to JFP, I heard he asked if he could be killed off instead of recast and she said ok. What I do blame JFP for, though, is pairing Vicky with Jake. Quite apart from whatever chemistry these two actors had with each other, after what he did to Marley, I could never understand why Vicky would want to be with him. Even if he was a reformed character.

• Members

Anyone else think DC's Scott might be too "old" to really be interacting with Marissa and JR? Annie's young but she has often come off as more mature for her age but I'm not sure if her and DC's Scott will have chemistry. DC could end up not meshing well with them.

• Members

I think it was Savitz who actually paired them up, although JFP was the one who had Jake falling for Vicky while she was slowly being paired with Shane.

JFP doesn't care about what the actors ask for...he might have requested killing but I think it fit her plans anyway. She loves to have soap men who are criminals or who treat women like garbage. And to be fair to her, that is what daytime has become. Guza, Frons, Rauch, JFP, Sheffer. It's what they love to do.

• Members

Why would it fail? What's going to fail is JR & Annie, they're not the happily ever after type and they're gonna have obstacles.

Putting him in the Greenlee & Kendall stuff makes no sense at all. I think we're getting a full fledged JR/Annie/Scott triangle now and Scott becomes a true rival in regards to JR.

Archived