ATWT: Van Hansis Interview

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's interesting because Luke was one of those characters who started to prominence at a time when Youtube was coming up. I wonder how many people who watch ATWT online only ever watch his scenes. Of course it's the same with characters on other shows too but this tends to happen most often with gay characters on a soap.

• Members

So true, if people think the Nuke fans are nuts they should compare them to the Otalia fruitcakes, who wanted to "save," GL so Otalia could go on, they had no other connection to the show. I don't get it all, and I am gay. I thought Otalia was interesting and different until they got together and then it was boring..(if the show would have continued they should have had Natalia marry Frank, which would have been a cool story that could have gone on for a while, driving the Otalia loonies CRAZY....) and I felt no emotional connection to Nuke, and while I thought Reid was cool, I really didnt get them together (it was kind of like black characters in the 70s, the only reason they would be paird is because they were the only black people in town, the same with Luke and Reid, though if was Gautman I would have screwed them all over by having Hank Elliot come back to town to claim Reid to really drive the fans crazy.) Are gay fans living through these characters, or is it simply because we dont have any other representation on TV, at least in the "romantic sense." I hate that when I do a search on You Tube for GL or ATWT the first thing cluttering up the page are endless Otalia and Nuke montages and scenes.

Archived