GH: More Info On That Exciting Exit! Yippee! :)

• Members

Thanks to Sami's GH Spoilers for this WONDERFUL information. But I think there are a few editing mistakes. I'll take care of those promptly.

http://samisghspoilers.blogspot.com/2010/09/megan-wards-departure.html

It's no big surprise that Megan Ward (Kate CONnie) is leaving General Hospital. She has been pushed aside for the last couple of months, year and a half and I'm actually quite sad pleased. Or more that I thought I would be. I really enjoyed seeing the flirtations of Coleman and Kate even if it was sporadic because it even more exposed how limited Megan Ward's range is, even as a glorified dayplayer.

Megan Ward is taping her final scenes as Kate CONnie in the next 3 weeks. After a scandal breaks out involving KateCONnie and Crimson, Jax has no choice but to let KateCONnie go. She is said to leave PC in an explosive way in October(meaning she finally realizes she's not as awesome as she's led herself to believe). She has fewno friends or fans now but she and will leave with nobody supporting her. It is believed that Brenda will be taking the role of Editor and Chief at Crimson, which Maxie along with others will not be happy about(until Guza writes Lulu and Maxie as the Brenda worshippers they will be.).

Kate HowardCONnie Falconeri first came to town in 2007 when she ended up stuck in a storm when her car broke down and she barged into her old ex boyfriend's coffee house to use the phone. CONnie was then reduced to a mere dayplayer when cousin Olivia came in and upstaged her at her own wedding.

Good Luck Megan Ward, I'll miss you! Bye Bye! :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. Maybe a LITTLE bit.

But seriously, I could not stand this character. Everytime I tuned into GH(pre-miscarrage/Carnival when I picked the show up on a regular basis), I always got the impression Megan Ward was trying too hard to play this hard diva bitch. It came off as stiff, unnatural, and it was very irritating. You know you've got problems when Laura Freaking Wright makes it look more effortless than you do, ghetto neck rolls and all.

Not to mention, this supposed chemistry with Maurice Benard, which I just didn't see or remotely understand. I think she(character and actress) has the charisma of a wet fish. Kate could have been a fun, interesting character, but Megan Ward played her with such limited range and delivered her lines in the same disgustingly monotonous way. Not to mention that ridiculous exaggerated film noir way about her. YUCK.

Regardless of what one feels for Lisa LoCicero/Olivia, both came in and stole the show. I'm not saying LoCicero is God's gift to acting, but I think she understands range and realizes that acting on a soap is more than just memorizing your lines. I always feel like Lisa Lo gives 100%, even when it does come off as campy. That makes her(and Olivia) more fun to watch.

I'm being a bit harsh, but that's just the way I saw her.

I'm actually quite surprised this storyline came to be. Maybe I just saw it coming down the turnpike as soon as they announced Brenda's return. The most logical thing to do when "Sydney Chase-ing/Amanda Woodward-ing" a lead into a soap is to give them a job to assert their independence and bitchiness. The most logical place for Brenda to do that would be at Crimson.

Or maybe Guza and his team do read the boards for ideas. :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

It's kind of pathetic to see someone dogging out Megan Ward but championing Dahlia Salem, who hasn't had a job that I know of since Another World, is another member of the Jill Farren Phelps welfare brigade, and given her current position on the program, couldn't look more like a dead woman walking if they'd given her Angel Boris's old wardrobe. I mean, really, she is a federal prosecutor who prowls the streets trolling for mobster sperm? Really? This is "fierce?"

• Members

I think that post was a little disrespectful to Megan Ward, on BellCurve's part. No reason to trash a woman who just last her job...She's never seemed to be anything but a class act.

I always felt that she was a good actress, and gave her all. And is the ONLY actress who I thought brought out MB's ACTING, instead of just trolling around. Kate and Sonny were great together, then they threw it aside for Olivia...Even though that NEVER happened, to this day.

I think it's a shame. For me, Kate was a far more likeable character than Olivia. Her realtionship with Sonny was great, and it was the last time I tolerated anything to do with Sonny. Even her romance with Coleman has been fun. I loved her confrontations with Carly, and thought she had mad chemistry with Jax. I always hoped for "Kax" or "Jate"...All we got was a one night stand.

I know this thread may not have anything to do with Lisa LoCicero, but since others have mentioned her, I thought I'd bring her into it. We all know how I feel about Olivia. Nonetheless, I think Lisa Lo plays what is given too her, well. However, I don't think she's any better than Megan Ward was. Olivia has never had a storyline to shine in, and is nothing more than a supporting characcter. She is just barely above Sam-level, IMHO. I've always thought she was a decent actress, but no better than MW...

They would have been better off to show much more of Olivia and Kate together. Instead they ransacked the character of Kate, and propped Olivia. And there wasn't much to prop. The only purpose she served was to give Sonny yet ANOTHER unneeded offspring. If there had been an Olivia/Kate frenemy-ship explored, and played out, it would have been far prefferable. Instead, Olivia is just an empty character who has no connections to the show other than an on-again, off-again boyfriend and a son who she rarely interacts with anymore.

Kate was a magnificent character, played by a great actress...It's sad to look at what the show did to her. Sadly, it's just what GH does.

I will miss you, Megan Ward! :(

• Members

I find this depressing, I just hate when characters are completely trashed for a pointless exit. What is the point of it all, it's sad watching a character you rooted for, and yes I liked her, get destroyed. Sure Kate is a bitch, but I have a hard time believing a woman who has been shown to care this much about her career, [!@#$%^&*] it all up for the hell of it.

And we all know the reason this is happening, to have Brenda once again bulldog her way onto the canvas.....God I hate this bitch :rolleyes:

AND WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DOES BRENDA HAVE TO BE A MAGAZINE EDITOR......I have a better job for her, have her basic ass model for pamphlets at the hospital for plastic surgery gone wrong. GOD I HATE HER!!

• Members

Not going to miss her, I barely even remember what she looks like. She turned into such a joke of a character once they stuck her with Coleman. IMO, it was just nasty and pathetic! Seriously, with Coleman of all people? GH should have put Kate and Ric into a steamy affair instead of wasting him, or, I even liked her with Jax. Kate/Jax/Carly was pretty good to me. Anyways, so long to her, I wonder how she will go out.

Archived