GH: More Info On That Exciting Exit! Yippee! :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I don't understand is how this is any different from the verbal assault that was put upon Crystal Hunt, Farah Fath, or any other talentless(in one's own opinion) performer. I remember reading lots of posts about exiting actors/characters where people were thrilled about them drowning in an ice lake. Why is what I have to say any different?

And if anyone who came in and criticized what I wrote actually saw it in context with everything else I post in the GH threads about CONnie or anyone else I don't like, it'd make sense. Or if it made sense and you still thought it was stupid, then say something other than how dumb you thought the post was.

I give Vee credit for at least stepping outside the box and dissing one of my faves. It was bitchy but at least that was funny, kind of creative, quite true, and I actually laughed out loud. And I still love Claire Walsh/Dahlia Salem.

But Darn calling my post stupid is bullsh!t, especially after the photo-shopping and crap he used to post on this board(and on his blog) before he became all stuffy and self-righteous. I mean, if someone wants to talk about a "Mesopotamia" of immaturity and idiocy, then at least practice what you preach.

• Members

As far as Zimmer is concerned, that isn't even something I do anymore. For a long time, I would see the jokes on here about her weight or whatever...I would laugh at them, sure, but I would always think they were kind of mean. But as I settled in here at SON, I kind found myself starting to make them. I wouldn't call it frequent, by ANY means though. I can't remember how many, but I know it was only a few for a short period of time. And as far as I recall, I only posted ONE status about her...And if you go back and look at it (If it's even still on here), you'll see that my last comment on it was that I felt bad about it, and didn't usually make jokes about her. I don't think you'll find one snarky comment about her from ME, since then.

I realized that, for me, it just didn't feel right making fun of her weight. No one is perfect, and we ALL have our problems. And it isn't like she's a bad actress, IMO. Weight is something that can be caused by a number of things, not just because she likes to eat. And I thought to myself, there are quite a few things I consider to be a "personal demon" about myself that I wouldn't want people making jokes about on a message board..So, therefore, I don't do Zimmer jokes anymore. I realized that I like her a lot as an actress, and even if she ends up the size of china, it shouldn't affect how I feel about her acting abilities, or how I feel about seeing her on my screen.

As for the "LoCicerHO" incident..I believe that was in the "Brenda Returns" thread...And if you go back and look, I changed my post almost immediately. I realized, hey...I don't know Lisa LoCicero. I don't know her at all! All I know is what I read, and she seems like a good enough person to me. I was simply going by the way she acted on the show, and the way they dressed her on the show...And then I thought, this isn't anything to do with Lisa, this is just how the character of OLIVIA is...And I think that was one of my "crazy soap fan" moments, where I didn't seperate the character from the actress. So, I thought to myself...Sure she might dress kind of slutty, and have that manerism about her, but that's just what she's GIVEN to work with, and I have no reason to believe that's what she is/is like in real life...So I edited my post, and felt really bad about it...And since then, I have decided that "HOlivia" is the more approrpiate term, because that simply refelcts upon a character, not a person.

I honestly don't think, if you went through all of my posts, you're going to find too many posts about anyone's appearance. Sure there are the afformentioned Zimmer jokes, and the LisaLo incident, and okay maybe a couple jokes about Farah Fath's asymmetrial hair...But I would NOT consider myself to be one of the more viscious posters, and I don't think I often attack actors/actresses personally. Sure I will nark on a character until there's no tomorrow...But not so much with actual people, at least that I'm aware of.

As for why this post, IMO, was disrespectul, is that OBVIOUSLY you can state your opinion, but there's a way to do it. I mean if Lisa LoCicero was fired tomorrow and I was the one to post the thread...I would post the article, and below it post my comments and opinions. I just think that someone has just lost their JOB, and to deface the article reporting it just shows a lack of respect. Because I know that if I lost my job, and then found out that there was a huge online community writing over my announcement of it, in red, saying how horrible I was...I would be really hurt. So, I just think there is a way to do it. Certainly the comments BC made are fine, because they're his opinion, but I don't think that crossing out the article was the way to do it, but rather posting below the article was.

Not trying to get preachy, just saying that's how I saw it and that's what I meant by my original post.

• Members

I have to wonder why they'd bother. And FTR I love both Olivia/LLC and Kate/MW.

I mean, she's been on recurring for about two years, right? And since then she has barely been featured except for the odd filler scene here and there. Why not just say that Kate accepted the editorship at [insert fashion magazine here] in NYC and have her leave town? End of.

Instead of this "explosive" bullshit. Really? They need to blow up yet another character? If they are looking for characters to execute, I suggest Death go tap Carly on the shoulder. She stopped being relevant back when Jennifer Bransford took over the role.

It's a shame the canvas couldn't keep on both Kate and Olivia; both were blasts of fresh air on this cobwebby show. Kate was a great character in her own right and just watching her shoot the breeze with Alexis and Diane was enjoyment enough for me.

• Members

Because you came off fuckin' crazy. I gloried in Stacy's death on OLTL but if I'd put out a post like that I'd want people to mock me too. It was the epitome of the crazy online soap fan stereotype. Worse, it was about a character and an actress who a lot of us apparently thought was a breath of fresh air.

Well, thank you. But I can't imagine why you ever liked Claire. It had to be obvious from the start that this impotent non-professional, man-obsessed character was what she was going to become. This is what happens to all 'strong women' on GH, especially those in law enforcement or involved with Sonny. And given her coloring and look - modeled to be GH's latest Brenda-clone - with the original back Claire is almost certainly doomed. Claire Walsh was right out of the GH Brenda-clone assembly line. Kate wasn't, which was why people liked her.

Were we silly on our blog? Yes. Did we ever post something that came off that [!@#$%^&*] crazy? IMO, no.

As for Lisa Lo Cicero, I've always liked her and I think she does a hell of a job with a thankless, pointless role whose only real sustainable function is as a talk-to on the show. I like her with Brandon Barash but Olivia is just another mob apologist. There is nothing unique about the character. They could write her off tomorrow

• Members

What could be one man's fresh air, could be another one's farts.

How was what I posted crazy? If you want to mock the post, fine. But say something other than how crazy and [!@#$%^&*] stupid you found it.

And you've said many crazy things, Vee.

Neither was Sarah Brown's Carly and I liked her too. And FYI, Claire wasn't always a Brenda clone. She was quote different from her first appearance to her more recent. I'm not a fan of Claire begging for Sonny's sperm either. But she was a breath of fresh air when she first came on the scene and I still enjoy her because a. ) I think she's grown from her time on AW(and I couldn't stand her there) b. ) I think she has mad chem with Maurice Benard. I'm very realistic about Claire's "Legal Brenda" role on the show. But she still entertains me.

I thought what I posted was silly. I didn't think it was crazy or stupid, nor did it warrant such a blatant overreaction. How was that crazy? I crossed out names, edited stuff, etc.

Obviously, our opinions differ on what is considered funny and what is not. I didn't know you two aimed for such high art. Could never tell based on the bitchy childishness you both convey.

• Members

Yes, clearly, but I don't see how, especially from someone so into a character as profoundly beige as Claire. That just seems inconsistent.

You seemed to be letting us in on some weird private vendetta you had against Megan Ward and Kate. It was all a tad John Hinckley for my tastes. That and the colored text and weird cross-outs. I suppose it's possible I have said "many crazy things," but I'm pretty sure I have yet to venture into colored text and weird pet nicknames for characters I hate.

Let's not kid ourselves. This is not some shocking 180. This was always where she was headed from before the role was even cast. She was designed as a Brenda clone who would start opposed to Sonny, then - like so many others - begin to see the law as corrupt and Sonny as "not so bad" and would then subjugate herself to his oily junk. We all saw that coming from the moment the role was announced as being cast. That pairing would've been dull as hell, and now she is extraneous with Marcil back. I don't think Dahlia Salem is a terrible actress but she certainly isn't able to elevate this doomed, interchangeable character or save her from the Brenda tidal wave that will cause many a cast cut. If other writers were at the helm maybe she'd have a chance to become something more than the role she is currently slotted into, but that's not going to happen. She will either die or leave in disgrace within nine months.

It's all a tad Unabomber.

Bitchy childishness? I didn't call her "CONnie" over and over. And I don't think we aimed at high art. We just aimed at not embarrassing ourselves in public by speaking in a lingo that only we, or rather you, understood.

Archived