The Soapgeist (9/4/10)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Please don't ask others to not click on Nelson's page on TV Guide Canada. If he had nothing worth reading, there wouldn't be a need to post about him. Personally, while Nelson has some out there postings, he is our genre's Perez Hilton, and while that may come across a certain way to others, it kinda is a good thing. Soap stars wouldn't talk to him if they truly were offended by the things he was saying.

• Members

I don't agree with this all. There are lots of people who say things aren't worth reading or listening, but we talk about them because they stir controversy. Nelson is one of those people in the soap world. Besides no one has to follow my suggestion that they not click on his page.

• Members

If you dont wanna read what he has to say, then simply dont. But dont go out of your way to deny him the hits he deserves because you dont like him. It makes no sense. I mean, i get not liking him and whatnot, but if your interested enough to read his writeups and comment, then why doesn't he deserve the hits on his site?

• Members

So let me get this straight: if I don't go there and think he's bad for the genre I'm not allowed to suggest to other people not to go there because somebody else chose to post his stuff on this board? Interesting. Unfortunately the internet is a part of the marketplace and while I wish people wouldn't post his stuff here, they do and the only way to affect Nelson's behavior is to make it cost him and the only way to do that is to reduce his traffic so I'm afraid I'm on Ann's side in this. People can make up their own minds.

• Members

No, what i am saying is if people choose to read his conent, then why doesnt he deserve the hits for it?

If you do not enjoy it, then dont read it. But do not read it and go in roundabout ways to do it, therefor denying him hits he deserves. I dont agree with every finding something posted somewhere so that you dont have to go to the original source to deny them hit. Full articles should never be posted, just parts with a link (as was done here).

Archived