Y&R: A Whole Week of Repeats Oct. 11-15

• Members

CBS Press Release

CBS DAYTIME SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, SEPT. 20 - MONDAY, OCT. 18

"As the World Turns" to Air Its Final Episode Friday, Sept. 17

New Episodes of the #1 Daytime Show, "The Price is Right," and "Let's Make a Deal" to Air Sept. 20-Oct. 8

The #1 Daytime Drama, "The Young and the Restless," Reprises Powerful Episodes That Are Emotionally Relevant To Its Current Story, Oct. 11-15

The CBS Television Network announced its daytime schedule for the 2:00-3:00 PM, ET/1:00-2:00 PM, PT period from Sept. 20 - Oct. 18, the weeks between the finale of AS THE WORLD TURNS on Friday, Sept. 17, and the premiere of THE TALK on Monday, Oct. 18, which will include original episodes of the #1 daytime show, THE PRICE IS RIGHT, LET'S MAKE A DEAL, and reprisals of episodes that are emotionally relevant to current stories on the #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

The schedule is as follows:

Sept. 17, 2010 AS THE WORLD TURNS (finale)

Sept. 20 - Oct. 1, 2010 THE PRICE IS RIGHT (Originals)

Oct. 4 - Oct. 8, 2010 LET'S MAKE A DEAL (Originals)

Oct. 11 - Oct. 15, 2010 THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS (Repeats)

Monday, Oct. 18, 2010 THE TALK (premiere)

Regularly scheduled episodes of THE PRICE IS RIGHT, LET'S MAKE A DEAL and THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS will continue to air in their regular time periods.

Is it just me or does anyone else not understand? Why would Y&R show a whole week of repeats the week prior to the new talk show?? I'm assuming B&B isn't affected since it's not mentioned in the release.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way I took it is that Y&R will NOT be airing a week of repeats in their original timeslot, but for a week during ATWT's old timeslot. Basically this press release lists what will be aired in the 2 PM ET time slot between the final episode of ATWT on Sept. 17th and the premiere of 'The Talk' on October 18th.

• Members

This is one confusing press release. Why burn off 10 episodes of The Price Is Right and 5 episodes of Lets Make a Deal in a different timeslot? Sounds silly! Y&R is showing repeats in the 2 Eastern timeslot not in its own timeslot.

So The Talk will premiere at 2 Eastern. Good because people here actually thought CBS would move their shows around and put the show in Y&Rs timeslot.

• Members

People are going to assume those are reruns, by default. Those episodes aren't gonna register sh!t with Nielsen. Unless they are trying to test how well TPIR, Deal and Y&R do in that timeslot in the event that the network wants to shift the show around. But why burn off originals in that timeslot. Makes no sense to me.

Archived