Y&R: A Whole Week of Repeats Oct. 11-15

• Members

During the six-week period after Loving/The City concluded, leading to Port Charles debut, ABC ran classic episodes call "A Daytime to Remember". As I recall, those episodes did really well. I'm surprised that they are using new episodes of TPIR and LMAD, certainly there are plenty of repeats available. I agree, they must be testing whether a two-hour game should block in the afternoon would work (for those stations that don't air LMAD in the morning slot). I'm still praying for a hour B&B after this talk show fails and the other half hour another game show. Soaps need to grab some turf back!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From your lips to God's ear at the possibility of CBS making B&B an hour should The Talk fail. I would be all for that considering the show has so many contract players that are not being utilized. Like the previous poster said the soaps need some good news and this might be a sign/step in the right direction.

• Members

Really? Why? I have concerns about Brad Bell being able to handle a 1-hour show as a "writer" and EP. However, it would allow for more rotation of his cast and the producers and writers he has taken on. Perhaps Lesli Kay would finally be taken off recurring.

Ideally, I would love the choice of Y&R + TWO half-hour soaps, one of which would be B&B. But CBS (indeed, any network) will never put the money into another soap, especially a small one.

• Members

I don't think it'd be a bad move for the show, but the cast/crew would no longer have the luxury of having all that time off if the show moved to an hour. I also don't think anything would change, storywise. Would still be the Brooke/Ridge show.

The only thing that would benefit hourlong B&B is if they still aired the show as a half-hour in Italy and in other countries, which would practically guarantee another year or two on the air, should CBS cancel the show.

Maybe CBS is placing Y&R repeats in The Talk's timeslot because that's where the show is gonna move in certain markets? :unsure:

• Members

He already does, kinda. If you factor out the opening and closing credits and the transition sequences between scenes. But in terms of actual writing -- yep, he maybe has 2 minutes of original content per episode. :D He's such a hack but compared to Hogan Sheffer et al, he is perhaps the lesser of evils.

I never thought of that. But now that you mention it, that makes total sense. I'll bet that's what CBS are doing -- testing the waters.

And ouch for Y&R's ratings if it is moved.

• Members
I'd say not testing the waters as much as I'd say promoting Y&R moving to 2PM like gangbusters and using that week of classic shows as a way to get people used to seeing the show at 2PM before it's moved there. I am not completely convinced the show won't move in some markets, if not all of them.

IIRC, The Talk is being taped live at 11AMPST, which is 2PMEST. Allegedly, the show will be on a delay for West Coast viewers, but I'm not 100% sure I buy that. I think it will be live nationally with Y&R moving to the ATWT timeslot on the West Coast only. I can't imagine a show that will tape live from L.A. will want to be on a delay for the coast that they tape from.

I also wonder why they need a full month to launch this show. This should be the easiest project of any to launch.

• Members

I'm not sure how much difference it would make, anyway... as CBS affiliates get their choice when to air it anyway... only the network owned stations would have to comply with any time slot change. Does anyone have the figures on how many CBS stations are network owned? Like I've said before, of the 7 CBS affiliates here in Missouri, only 2 show it at 12:30. The rest at different times, and St. Louis being the odd man out showing it at 4 PM, and supposedly it performs REALLY well for them there (After school crowd) I just think "The Talk" is a REALLY stoopid unoriginal title for a show. I just don't know how successful it will be. And I wonder if Sara Gilbert is gonna be the "sh!t stirring" loud mouthed Lesbian, like Rosie was on the View?

• Members

Heads up for Canadians, so far it doesn't look like Global will be picking up the Y&R reruns. Depending on the Global station, The Doctors, Will and Grace, Till Debt Do Us Part are the replacement programming, exception being British Columbia where Days will take over As the World Turns's timeslot.

Archived