DC Blind Item- Upcoming Disaster Storyline

• Members

Despite my obsession with production values not making me the most unbiased responder to your statement, I have to agree completely. Y&R no longer LOOKS classy. It matches the writing perfectly actually.. This blind item is clearly Y&R. An Y&R is one of the only soaps left with some sort of budget to do this with, other than GH and B&B. And its funny, with AMC's oh so lush and "cinematic" lighting they could just say that the disaster was that the town was zapped by florescent laser beams from outer space, saving money on all that CGI!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought they were clearly gearing up for the battle of the superheroes. A few months ago, Sharon was doused with chemical pesticides and Victor was electrocuted. That was clearly the origin story of how they got their powers. And of course several characters have the ability to duplicate themselves and theres those that can come back from teh dead.

• Members

OLTL needs a disaster- the cast is way too big. Including recurring characters (which there are a lot of heavy ones including Eli, Hannah, Nate, Shaun, Vivian, etc.)... there's about 40-50. That's way too many...

Goodbye: Cole, James, Gigi, John, Ross/Eli... put Markko with Starr, Kelly with Rex, Natalie single raising her baby, etc.

• Members

There was that and then there was when the Spaulding building was bombed by Dr. Michael Burke. All were saw in the aftermath was dark soundstage with some trash on the ground with the actors "covered" in "soot".

In any case, I wouldn't put it past Rauch and Y&R to put on another disaster tale. Unless its a cleansing flood it won't be good, but then again SFT had a cleansing flood too didn't they?

• Members

Because for almost 7 years now, he has been drawn into every major story- with the sole purpose of making him into the almighty hero. Stories have literally been re-written just so ME/John gets to save the day... and in many of those cases, the stories that COULD have been good just fell flat or became corny with John swinging from ropes. There have been a good half dozen or so serial-killers who have for some reason (perhaps they just hate him as much as I do?) have focused on John and he is personally responsible for the death of dozens of characters, including Gabrielle Medina.

It's an awful character- which is known to be an emotionless jerk... they brought on a family for him, have tried to bring in characters to explain his past and make us feel bad for him, etc.... yet all of those characters are gone, because they didn't work. Meanwhile, no one realizes that it's the character itself that doesn't work. For me, the past 7 years could have been so much more without the presence of Michael Easton- "show killer".

If he was the most attractive man in the world, I would be less bitter. But he is quite honestly the least attractive male "hero" and fanbase whore-magnet I have ever seen on a soap opera. And so the constant forcing him into every story, so that he is on almost every day- is ridiculous. If he's that popular, they should give him his own soap opera.

*deep breaths* :ph34r:

• Members

Unless they get rid of Nick, Sharon, Billy, Kevin, Jana (Emily O'Brian is fantastic but this character is done), Adam (sorry I don't know where this character can go), Daniel, Phyllis (unless her writing improves), Malcolm, Gloria, Tucker, and Jeffrey, then there's no real point.

Archived