AMC: Wednesday September 1, 2010

• Members

I wouldn't MIND Natalia being lesbian or bi but giving her default homo/bisexuality because they can't get their [!@#$%^&*] together and put her with Brot already or any other dude on the canvas is kind of insulting in my opinion (to people of color AND to LGBT people). Plus, having not only a lesbian relationship but an interracial lesbian relationship, they can't tell me that would fly with the mythical prudish middle American focus audience while the stuff on OLTL didn't.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Making Natalia a lesbian and tying her to Binks would guarantee her futher marginalization and eventual exit from the canvas. I'm not willing to sacrifice the already woefully underused Shannon Kane to that fate especially since this Bianca is still barely a presence herself. Nope. Bring back Reese for Binks and give Natalia a real storyline. I don't even care if they tie her to Ryan or bring Aidan or Jamal Cudahy back. Yes I'm just that desperate.

• Members

I agree with these statements. I don't think it would be a good idea to make Natalia a lesbian, just so they could have someone to pair Bianca with. Plus it will probably end up like some of Bianca's other relationships have ended, Bianca getting mad, when Natalia would probably end up showing attraction to a man.

This would probably end up happening if they got together, because Natalia is attracted to men, she is attracted to Brot. Making her a lesbian all of a sudden is not going to work IMO. Natalia has not shown or indicated in that she is a lesbian or even bisexual.

What I sense from Natalia is that she probably really hasn't ever had a serious relationship with anyone. And she's not really sure about how she should go about having a relationship with someone she likes (a man). (I think she's only attracted to men). We know she hasn't had a serious relationship with anyone since she's been on the show. And she's been on the show almost 2 years now.

Plus when she came on the show she was a teenager. So she has probably never had a serious romantic relationship with anyone. Plus she's very career oriented. I remember when she had a conversation with Amanda about dating and it seemed like she was saying she didn't really do it often. She didn't really seem interested in doing it either, she seemed like she really wanted to focus on her career.

This was when Amanda told her she should get with Brot. Natalia is kind of awkward around Brot, partly because of her lack of experience in the dating/romance department. But that doesn't automatically mean she's gay/bisexual. It just means she doesn't have a lot of experience in the romance area, and she's bit inexperienced with it. I think she's straight, but just doesn't know how to really jump into a relationship with a man she likes.

• Members

Right, I remember saying months ago that I could buy that Natalia was a virgin. There is something very awkward and inexperienced about her (which imo makes her all the more sexy :ph34r: ). She can be kinda goofy around guys which is charming, and I wish it would have worked with Brot though I do not see that happening. It's really too bad that Frankie is her brother because he's about the only other decent guy on the canvas that she deserves, save for Scott when he isn't consumed with his family issues and camping several miles up Annie's ass. I wouldn't want Natalia in Ryan's sphere getting the inevitable Madison treatment, J.R. and the newer younger boys, not gonna happen. G-d forbid she ends up getting seduced by David. :o

• Members

I think it would be interesting if they had Natalia pursued by a kind of cocky, good looking man that is used to getting what he wants. He can between the ages of like 26-early 30's. Maybe this man could fall for her at first sight or at least be very attracted to her off the bat. I think that this man could have some Ryan/JR type of qualities.

He could be very smart, maybe wealthy, and he could always go after what he wants. And be used to getting it. He could start pursuing Natalia, even though she could intially be turned off by his cockiness/arrogance. She could try and resist him because of that and because she's never been in a serious relationship before and is hestiant to get into one.

But he could keep pursuing her and eventually she would start to see other sides of him and fall for him. And they could go for that and get into a real relationship. If she could handle a relationship with a man like that, she could later on handle romantic relationships with other types of men, including more humbled men.

Ryan is the type of man that would pursue her if he wanted her,but the writers don't seem interested in putting him with anyone besides Greenlee/sometimes Kendall. (I enjoyed her interaction w/ Ryan at Confusion in scenes they shared together) This current version of JR would pursue her like that too, but I don't think they are going to be paired together anytime soon. Asher seems too "young" for her. Even though she's young too and inexperienced, she does have a level of maturity that Colby, Damon and even Asher don't have.

I think they would have to bring on someone new for her.

Archived