AMC: Wednesday September 1, 2010

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I detest nuBianca. Hell, I detest oldBianca. The character's obnoxious. I can't believe the bitch had the nerve to give her "approval" of Madison several weeks ago. Even if it was in "jest," I'm glad Ryan was like "I don't recall asking you for your approval." It would've been funny if that wasn't soooo damn true of the character, thinking her approval means something.

As for SabineLee, my issue was she was horribly miscast. It had nothing to do with giving her a storyline right off the bat. Greenlee, the character, deserved a front burner storyline at that time.

• Members

ITA, she was no more a Greenlee than Philece Sampler was a Donna Love. They could have found a better recast.

BTW, without my glasses/contacts, my blind ass managed to mistake Bianca, Amanda, AND Krystal for Greenlee when they shared that scene the other day. AMC and OLTL have a thing for brunette lookalikes of both sexes.

• Members

Sabine was a deent actress (who grew on me) I thought, but just didn't have that feeling of entitlement Greenlee should show.

I thought today's episode was alright--liked all the stuff with Caleb especially. It was all setup for this party, so that's a bit boring, but I think the payoff might actually be worth it for once--can't wait.

Funny a few years back people said the same thing about AMC and their blondes :D

• Members

Solitude Waters is a song or should I be amazingly impressed you know the name of some underscore? :blush:

I' so glad we don't get those mid episode promos in Canada...

Liking NuBianca--can't say more till I actually see her get some material... (EVen maybe shed a tear about Reece whatever is going on there?)

Nah David still has layers--which is why I love the character even when he can't help but be bad. Snidewly Whiplash is over at OLTL in the form of Eli.

• Members

First of all let me reiterate how beyond retarded it was for them to push fwd with major Chandler v. Cortlandt stories predicated on Caleb's vendetta against Adam, and then immediately have Adam leave the [!@#$%^&*] show. That makes absolutely no goddamn sense. That being said, I actually really like Caleb, but I've always liked Michael Nouri. I do think that pairing him with Erica is doomsville for his tenure. Leave her with Jack and push her forward in new stories as a married Erica. And David Canary and Julia Barr need to return from time to time so Adam can bring the hammer down on his family and clash with the Cortlandts, to give all this [!@#$%^&*] some semblance of relevance. In the meantime they desperately need to recast Hayley as well as bring on Skye to run interference for Adam and crack the whip at JR and Annie. Maybe she and little Adam can scheme to Get Annie.

As useless as Krystal is, BE is talented and she works as Bar Wench and as a foil/potential love interest for Caleb IMO. But I'd do something really crazy. I saw Debbi Morgan in scenes with Nouri yesterday, and I thought they were vaguely hot. Maybe I'm insane. But I also think Jesse has become a total !@#$%^&*] since his resurrection and the horrible retcon stories which turned him into a long-time cheater with a whole other family. And I think the lies and bullshit with them keep piling up. So amidst the drama with the new baby and such, yes, I'd have Jesse have an affair. And Angie would turn to Caleb, and become the diva Cortlandt for a little while. You could reunite Angie and Jesse of course, when he re-earns his manhood and honor, but first I think you have to break Jesse down completely. Like I said, crazy.

Then there's Bianca. I'm sorry but as good as this Lind girl is I don't think she's quite cutting it. Just drag Eden Riegel back to the show and tie her to some chairs, we know this Heather Stevens thing ain't gonna last. Now, history has proven that AMC viewers will watch Bianca in absolutely any motherfuckin' story you can write. Transsexuals, Zach, rape babies, baby switches, Babe is love, it does not matter, dykes will watch it, longtime biddies in Kansas who watched Bianca grow up will watch it, everyone will watch it, they cannot get enough. So I say: Give Bianca the type of story you would give any other Kane woman. Intrigue! Adventure! Romance! Illicit sex! Maybe a strap-on! Say that Bianca gets a message from her ex Lena, who is subsequently murdered somewhere in Europe by evil spies. Bianca then must travel overseas, perhaps with a buddy, and investigate this, and while there she falls in love with someone new and sexy. It's a classic Erica or Kendall story, only it's for the lesbian. Why not? Just do it. I guaran-fuckin-tee people would watch it.

The other Hubbards? Recast Randi and let Frankie be torn between Madison and a real actress playing Randi. Recast Cassandra Foster as a haute couture bougie Euro-girl and have her come back to clash with earthy 9 to 5 cop Natalia in an epic AA feud.

As for Greenlee, she needs to be put with David for real or she, Ryan and David and his gut all need to leave the show. Kendall, I don't even [!@#$%^&*] know anymore. Scott Chandler is a great character with great history but this nice actor is doomed to play a creepy rat-bastard; maybe he can be recast and reconceived into something other than a nightmarish Mad Men reject. Colby needs to be recast with someone not a man. Damon and his obviously gay friend Asher can stay. Jamie Luner, well, she's grown tolerable but what can she actually do? Oh, and Tad needs Dixie, that's all. Let's not pretend. We all know every other story they give his ass will fail. It's that or Tad gets diabetes followed by Tad's clinical depression.

• Members

So are you saying they also need to recast Skye? I think they should. I think she's a bigger priority than Hayley, who had little to offer beyond yelling at her father. Skye can do anything as a character, and I think Swajeski would write well for her, as she wrote well for Vicky at AW.

I think Greenlee and Ryan just need to go.

I wonder what would happen if Eden does leave Y&R. Would ABC ask her back? Would she come back? I think they both might want to be apart once and for all.

• Members

I think Robin Christopher should be Skye, always. She would absolutely shake up the Chandlers and I'd love to see her giving the newly minted couple of JR and Annie hell.

As for Hayley, I think that character has just been gone long enough that she's rife with possibility again, too. I think Ryan is done as a character but ABC will never allow him to be removed, so if he has to hang around I'd just as soon see him renew his forbidden passion with Hayley or something.

I also think they could make a lot of use of Nina and her kids with Cliff to drive story for the Cortlandts. And I'd like to see Charlie Brent and/or his kids recast.

Not if, when. She'll be back. ABC once vowed they were done with Roger Howarth too.

Archived