POLL: Who likes AMC's new writers so far?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a lot better then it was under Pratt. While it will never be as good as it was under Nixon, at least Broderick is there as an associate headwriter to help with history/consistency.

I knew it wouldn't be a big disaster due to Swajeski being headwriter of AW back in the late 80's/early 90's but Kreizman is a mixed bag. Right now, I'm cautiously happy with the product but just pray Kendall doesn't end up hogging airtime and that balance is maintained.

• Members

They hit unexpected gold with JR/Annie, imo. I was really worried that with the change in writers they could go in a different direction or muck it up, but that didn't happen, thank god.

I even like Kendall's return so far, which is utterly shocking to me. I think there may just be hope that she doesn't end up the center of the show this time around.

• Members

I think Swajeski is a solid, stable writer when she has the opportunity...I guess the question is how that will mix with Kriezman and his sometimes very odd ideas (I was worried that Caleb might end up imprisoning Erica in a cage or something or tell her that he was yet another long lost relative of Richard Fields), or with Frons wanting to jazz things up by having a ritual sacrifice for Rylee.

• Members

Yes. I do like the new writers right now.

Donna Swajesk was never a bad writer IMO. During her tenure at AW she devloped relationships while keeping the drama and love.

David Krizman has been more of a surprise. I thought for sure that he was going to get his GL people to write, (ie, Lucky Gold, ect...) but he has kept the writers the way it is though, I wish Beldner would be replaced and he can go back to writing scripts. I thought Tom Pelphrey was coming over for this who Jonathan/Tammy Part 2, I thought Kim Zimmer would be here (THANK GOD SHES NOT), and I thought it would have all been plot driven but it hasn't.

But the key to the wriitng right now, is IMO Lorraine Broderick. She might only be a AHW but I think she has A LOT more input then we think. Lorraine has helped D&K stay to AMC's roots, while developing new relationships and drama.

So yes, I am surprised on how well Krizman is doing at this point.

• Members

WHAT!!??

Balance has been better then the last 5 years.

It always used to be JR/Babe/Kendall/Zach/Annie/Ryan/Adian/Greenlee.

Also I remember when all of them were on for the whole month.

This year, we have seen characters not shown in maybe 3-5 episodes per month. That's much improvement from recent years.

• Members

I like D&D, too!

They're writing an old-fashioned soap opera with characters of all ages getting screentime. I have days where I find the show boring like today, but several stories are working for me (Tad/Damon/Liza/Colby, JR/Annie/Scott/Marissa and Angie's blindness).

Archived