POLL: Who likes AMC's new writers so far?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love all of the positivity in this thread, I pretty much feel the same as everyone here. I like Kreijeski's AMC. The only thing I wish, is that they would bring back some familiar characters onto the canvas. There is room, IMO. AMC's cast is pretty small. I also feel like we need something big to happen soon...if anyone knows what I mean, like...lots of good things have been happening lately and the show is solid, which is good, but nothing exciting to shake things up a bit has happened in a long time...thats what I want to happen on AMC. Maybe thats to come in November sweeps.

I also think the show has been balanced since Feb. But these last two months have been the most balanced, D&D are giving all of the characters a chance, and everyone is pretty much in story. I love how some days we have episodes that don't have Kendall/David/Greenlee/Ryan, the usuals who used to be on everyday, in them at all.

• Members

I know what you mean about wanting more characters on the canvas, but a part of me is kinda apprehensive about that because I worry if the reason why the show is generally good right now is because the cast is smaller, things are tighter, and it's easier to feature everyone on a regular basis. Oh, I sometimes get a little sad when I think of the fact that Opal or Caleb is the oldest character on the show (I will kill the first one to make a SuLu joke) when PV has always had several "older" characters who anchored the family groups, but I like the dynamics now, so it doesn't take anything away from the show for me.

I still want Jesse's aunt or Angie's mom back, though. That family's gonna need a voice of reason in these next couple of months. I mean, as long as we're pulling out characters who haven't been major characters in over 25 years, might as wellll make it someone who makes sense.

I totally agree. The dead soap aura is completely gone. I might be weird with this, but there's something really comforting in knowing that while one episode might focus on the quad, Angie/Jesse, and Damon/Colby/Liza/Tad, there's still other stuff going on in the background with Slavery/David, Caleb, Jake/Amanda, Erica whenever she gets back, etc. There's no longer a feeling "This is all there is, this is the entire show."

• Members

I really like them overall (though I'm dreading when I no longer see Lorraine Broderick's name as their associate...) I admit I could maybe use a really new, dynamic story--but so far the show has been a welcome return to character based, classic soap... It's just a pleasure to watch (most) days--even if I am feeling the stories so far are pretty standard.

Archived