"Young and Restless" Celebrates 9th Anniversary

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for replying.

I didn't know who Dorothy was so thanks for answering that question too. Yeah she does look pretty good. She also reminds me of Loanne Bishop, Rose Kelly on GH around this time.

Jaime reminds me of a chess piece on an old computer chess game, I think it was Battle Chess. :lol:

• Members

Melinda looks terrific here. FYI--she would play Natalie Dearborn a year later on GH. She was in a storyline that also featured Beau Kayzer (as Dr. Bunny Willis). That was the summer of 1983.

Jaime Lyn looks dreadful here, sad to say--she actually looks like Julianna McCarthy with that hair peering out from the hat.

Alphanguy--JLB must've gotten her Grace kick after hearing "Pull Up To The Bumper" on the radio.

• Members

That's interesting, I never knew Beau was on GH. Too bad he didn't stay longer, but then GH was going through a lot of upheaval at that time.

Natalie was a spy or something wasn't she?

That's the first time I've ever seen Howard McGillin. I guess he didn't last long.

• Members

Beau was only on for a few episodes, maybe three or four. He played a childhood friend of Dr. Grant Putnam's. Bunny was a plastic surgeon and at the risk of boring you with the entire storyline, basically Bunny (Beau) told Natalie (Melinda) that something wasn't quite right with Grant and that he had seen a noticeable scar on his head. Bunny caught on (he wasn't supposed to), ratted to Natalie about it (not the wisest decision) and Bunny wound up dead--I think he was dumped in a river or something.

Natalie was an uber-spy with some sinister organization called DVX. She went by the name Natasha but was moonlighting as a physical therapist named Natalie. Natalie and Grant Putnam (also known as Andre Chernin--Andre was transformed into Grant as the real Grant was locked up in an institution in England) were in cahoots on-and-off but Natalie was pissed off at him because he was developing feelings for the woman he was supposed to bring misfortune to--his wife, Celia.

Howard McGillan was on Y&R for most (if not all) of 1982. He was the fourth and final actor to play Greg Foster.

• Members

Thanks. I knew some of the story but not Beau Kayzer having a role in it. I think Chris Schemering said that Melinda Cordell and the guy who played Grant and his double basically carried the show for most of that year.

I wonder if Howard would have had more of a chance if he'd come in before the Fosters were just about gone.

• Members

LOL...Melinda and Brian Patrick Clarke (Grant) ruled the summer and early fall of 1983 on GH. BPC ruled the first eight months of GH to the point where it was overkill personified. Grant's double appeared in January 1984. The showdown between real and fake Grant happened around August. Not to say it was so bad (I found BPC incredibly cute, especially in 1983 when he was dressed very preppy) but I came to loathe the real Grant, who turned out to be a complete psychopath.

• Members

I used to have a soap magazine from 1985 or so that bemoaned the horrible writing for Celia and Grant or the double or whoever in their last days, saying that he just "fiddled with the buttons on his lab coat."

I thought BPC was pretty decent on B&B, in the always thankless role of Storm Logan.

• Members

I think Julianna just got out of playing in an adult-cast version of Peter Pan :lol:

I guess Cash came in around the time Nikki was a stripper. He was popular with fans, I believe, so they kept him around off and on for a few years until he was killed off. He was in stories with Katherine. If anyone would appreciate a male stripper it's her.

• Members

Yes it was. That period fascinates me, the transition. I'd love to see those episodes. Just seeing "Leslie" with "Paul" and "Andy" is a bit jarring.

Eric did you get to see the OLTL fan club luncheon 1976 photos I posted a week or two back (when I was even worse at using a scanner).

Archived