NBC's Daytime Assault

• Members

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/455764-NBC_Daytime_s_Assault.php

I know there's already a thread about the Housewives stuff, but since this includes other shows I thought I'd give it it's own thread. What does this mean for Days? Could they be prepping The Real Housewives to replace it? Seems that way if they're really trying to cross-promote Days and The Real Housewives by getting the Days audience into this. The one thing I always said was that Days was safe as long as there wasn't any replacement shows being developed or thought about by NBC, but.....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I like Nate Berkus (Sp?), Or at least i did on Oprah. But I liked Dr. Oz on Oprah, too, and i HATE his show. So, we'll see how this works out.

I think NBC would have been wise to launch another soap opera. I mean, I know it wasn't going to happen, but I could have seen it.

10-11AM: The Nate Berkus Show

11AM-12PM: Acess Hollywood Live OR 11-1130: Access Hollywood Live, 1130-12PM: NBC Entertainment News!

12PM-1PM: Forbidden Love (A new Soap Opera)

1PM-2PM: Days of Our Lives

2PM-3PM: The Real Housewives of Orange County

3-4PM: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

4-5PM: The Ellen DeGeneres Show

And the "The Real Housewives of..." Series could be intercahnged. For instance, after airing a whole season of "Orange County" they could fill that timeslot with the first season of "DC", etc.

• Members

I've never heard of this type of show being very successful in that type of syndication though. I remember when they tried to air reruns of Real World and Road Rules in syndication and I don't think it was ever very popular -- I seem to remember them being dumped at 2 or 3 in the morning.

• Members

Its probably a mistake airing 2 Housewives series at once. They should make it one to make them last longer.

They Housewives shows multiply. When one season end, theres another or 2 ready to start. Heck they dont even wait till the seasons are over to start airing the next bc they have so much footage. Every year they bring out 1 or 2 new series and each of those get additinoal seasons. So far there are OC, NYC, Atlanta, and NJ. DC is the newest one and just debuted last week. The next city will be Bevery Hills. I wont be surprised if they do one in Miami after that. Bethenny from NYC just had a spinoff show and they could always create spinoffs with other populer housewives. I really dont think Bravo/NBC are thinking they will be running out anytime soon or else they wouldnt be doing this. The housewives shows are VERY popular and are the highest rated shows on the network. Its a great idea to expand these to daytime for those without the cable outlet to view them. Consideing they are shows about housewives, the typical soap audience is the perfect place to market them. Heck these shows tend to have more drama than some of the shows on the air. Bethenny vs Jill from last season's NYC was a damn good feud

• Members

I think it is a GOOD thing.

For years NBC has just ignored its daytime lineup and were content letting days just die off.

They seem like they at least care and are somewhat invested in it using Days to relaunch a daytime lineup.

Could this lead to the end of days? I doubt it. I know Dyas is going to end in the next few years, but not because of this, because of itself.

Plus, everyone has said for years the worst thing days had against it was it had no lineup, it was just a lone show. Now NBC is building a lineup and it is a bad thing? Just because they are not soaps doesnt mean anything, IMHO.

Archived