AMC: Who Thinks Brot Should Become CHIEF OF POLICE & Jesse/Tad Go Into P.I. Business?

• Members

OOC: THIS IS NOT MY WORDS BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT SHARING IT WITH ALL OF YOU. THIS IS FROM ANOTHER SITE.

This way we'll have someone as Chief of Police who most likely would not go outside the law and would go by the book and be as moral and ethical as humanly possible because that is Brots nature.

This way Jesse and Tad can go into the P.I. business together which would be rather comical I'm sure. And Jesse and Tad would on occasion butt heads with Brot on cases they are working on. Brot is a lot like Derek Frye. Derek made a great Chief of Police. He went by the book. And he was a good guy. While I'd love for Derek to return, as well as his daughter Dani who could even be a potential love interest for Brot (watch out Natalia!) for now having Brot be Chief of Police would make sense and make for good story. Jesse, always going outside the box where the law is concerned, would most likely get in trouble with the law from time to time, and it would be Tad who would try to keep Jesse on the straight and narrow. Jesse is Jesse. He's not going to change. He will always do what he believes is best, esp where his family is concerned, even if it means breaking the law.

What do YOU think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, but no. I think it would be ridiculous if Brot, a rookie cop, became Chief of police.

Do love the idea of Tad & Jessie in the P.I. business, though. That would be great. Jessie should give up wanting his job back at the PVPD, and start something up with Tad instead. Bring back Aidan Devane to and you have an even better team.

• Members

:lol:

That's about as believable as OLTL's Bo Buchanan, whose last job was as a producer of a daytime drama, automatically becoming Llanview's Police Commissioner, just b/c, at one point in his life, he'd been a Green Beret -- even though, up to that point, he had not served one day as an actual cop!

But seriously, let it be a newcomer - perhaps, a single mom, recently divorced, struggling to raise two teenage kids? - who comes from a long line of cops; and who had to work her way up the ranks until the Chief of Police's job became open, thus allowing her to "pull up stakes" with her kids and move to Pine Valley to take the job.

Then, after we've gotten to know her for awhile, gradually integrate her, her kids, maybe even her dad (himself, a retired cop) through her relationship w/ one of PV's eligible bachelors.

But for God's sake, don't let her become "above the law."

Archived