AMC: Thursday, August 5, 2010

• Members

I seem to remember "the right thing" for the Martins being Joe, Tad, and Jake hounding Dixie until she had a miscarriage, and then Tad basically telling her it was for the best. That was one of the stories which made me strongly dislike Tad...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was perfectly theatrical by which I mean it was written for a theatre. Two characters on a set talking it out. That was a very interesting conversation too. When they got to Angie basically saying "my body, my choice" I thought that if this were this a different couple or a lesser show this would turn into a court case but thank God no instead we touched on love, power, faith, hope and anger but no "I'm calling Liza to make you have an abortion." (And only one mention of David.)

The Tad/Jesse scene was nice too. Tad drowning his sorrows in chili fries, his elation at Jesse's "good news" ("Have you thought about calling him Thaddeus?") then just being there for his friend.

This whole show was about the power of two. Tad/Jake, Jesse/Angie, Colby/Damon, Damon/Liza, Jesse/Tad. Like I said, VERY theatrical.

• Members

Wouldn't this be his first marriage? I think Scott's a 30 year old Virgin when it comes to nuptials. He dated Anita Santos and Laura Kirk in high school. He dated Gillian in college. He dated Greenlee in graduate school at UCLA. He dated that ridiculous Becca "I'm a Gosh Dern Virgin" Tyree in his 20's... and now, he's with Annie -- his first relationship since he's been back the last year and half. WOW! No wonder he wants a bit glitzy wedding with all the trimmings. He wants to show off he's finally made it down the aisle. Poor thing. sad.gif

That was theee story that began my snowballing effect of dislike of Tad. And let's not forget, if it wasn't for that story, Dixie wouldn't have left town to have Kate in secret, which led her to having the car crash in Switzerland, which led to her giving birth and being told by Madden she wouldn't make it due to her injuries, which led her to put Kate up for adoption, which led to Tad stuffing Madden in a box.

I was disappointed. We almost made it... we almost got through it. Oops, nope! And it was incredibly random, which is why it was a jolt. I would understand if David had been in the episode, not even in that particular story, but just present. It would serve as a juxtaposition of what David's currently going through with what the people's whose lives he's affected are going through. But he wasn't. I may love David, but I am sick of hearing his name. It's overused!

• Members

I watched a bunch of episodes from late '84 a few months ago, and Tad must have a track record of sending his wives into miscarriage. He treated poor pathetic Dottie like crap, got into a heated argument with her and caused her to lose the child. I really couldn't wrap my head around Tad being such a blatant and shameless !@#$%^&*].

You know, this got the wheels in my head turning. Scott was off the canvas for nine years, there has to be at least one or two girlfriends from that time who could come to PV somewhere down the line (maybe after the dust has settled in the quad...or maybe to turn that quad into a quint). Or maybe an obsessed psycho, because we haven't had a good one of those in a while.

I hate to typecast, but yeah, I now kinda need to see Heather Lindell as Scott's psychotic NYU classmate who terrorizes Marissa, provided Scott and Eunice end up together after the quad straightens out.

Archived