AMC: Thursday, August 5, 2010

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes indeed, the episode is Angie heavy, Debbi radiant as ever looking like she's in one of those Tika Sumpter Ambi commercials.

That's weird about your eyes. Feel better. If you experience morning sickness, it's time to cut off the TV.

• Members

I would love for the show to tape some establishing shots of the homes, but I think it's probably too expensive for them to scout locations in NY or PA.

My suspicion is that Lorraine Broderick, when she was temporarily headwriting, was hoping to bring Hillary back but somehow the story got changed. It makes no sense for everyone to be talking so much about her without showing her. Paul's brief visits to Pine Valley have only piqued my interest more in finding out what happened to Hillary in the past 20 years!

As for the episode itself:

I was shocked that JR admitted to Annie how hard it would be to watch her marry his cousin. I hope this conversation continues tomorrow.

Angie/Jesse were fantastic once again. I didn't time it, but their scene about midway through lasted longer than the typical AMC scene, which made me very happy and optimistic that we'll get more traditional scenes that last as long as it takes for the characters to express themselves.

Liza bringing Damon his pill surprised me, but I guess at this point there was no reason for her to keep them. I'm looking forward to what Colby does next and hoping she becomes even more of Adam & Liza's daughter with a scheme or two of her own!

Someone behind the scenes did their homework with the Tad/Jake and Tad/Jesse scenes. I was impressed that Jake used his own lack of direction as a youth to explain that Damon needs to figure out life for himself, and Tad recounting to Jesse how he tried to get Dixie to do the right thing and abort their baby was a great use of history.

• Members

I'll tell you what everything was I sooooo didn't see that coming, but in a good way.

Angie/Jesse talking to the Dr. I was like what? follow apt. scenes? Angie telling Jesse, it's her decision not his, Jesse pissed off helpless walks out to get some air (This is more like the Hubbards my mom told me about) It was nice how they interacted Jesse/Tad and Angie taking the medical plaque off the wall signaling that part of her life is coming to an end.

Tad going to Jake and Jake telling him, hey being a Martin isn't like the greatest thing in the world and let Damon decide whether or not to accept it, Tad leaving that msg. to Damon was beautiful.

Damon/Colby were interesting today b/c I felt she was less of a brat more realistic, but you just know her Chandler side will come out. She is her daddy's daughter. Liza bringing back Damon's pills and walking off defeated..while Colby is out to destroy her for buttin' in.

JR and Annie, they are a supercouple in the making. We're talking as good as your old school soaps supercouples. JR telling her how hard it would be for him to watch her walk an aisle to another man, made me get up and slap my boyfriend, b/c that's how you let someone know you love them. :wub: But I soo wasn't expecting that. IDK if they'll continue that scene or rush past it to the next day, but boy was that goooooooooood.

Oh Marissa and Scott's scene at yatch club, there is something brewing there b/c on her side she cares too much about him, his he cares about what she thinks but is oblivious b/c JR took her first when once upon a time, Scott wanted her.

• Members

Lord knows I'm the last person to defend Dave and Donna, but isn't it possible that, for once, they did right by fans w/ the history nods?

Blech.

That left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

(Don't go there, you filthy-minded peeps, lol.)

• Members

The Angie and Jessie scene mid show was so long and drawn out, part of me was just waiting for some background music to start up, that leaded into the next scene or commercial break. But that didn't happen, there was almost no background music throughout that whole scene, they were just having a solid conversation and it was nice! Scenes like that are always great to watch.

JR and Annie.....O-M-G. I rewinded that last scene so many times! I was so surprised that JR said that, it was perfect. I am praying SO much that the show continues on from that tomorrow, it was amazing! JR and Annie were made for each other.

It was clear in this episode, that JR/Marissa are falling apart, and Scott/Annie isn't working either. Scott has no control over the relationship, he clearly wants to have a big wedding with a lot of people there, and Annie convinced him that they should elope. He really doesn't want to, but he agreed anyway. Thats not good.

And the last scene with Scott/Marissa, LOL I don't think they have that much chem at all, but those two should definitely be together instead.

Archived