Y&R: Week of Aug 2, 2010

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am LMAO at all the characters forced to pontificate about how a club named after an invertebrate is "exquisite" and "chic." An oversize champagne glass in the middle of the room does not a Mad Men episode make, Rauch. Not unless you got Dita von Teese doing a burlesque show in one of those.

"Glow worm" looks like Liberace crawled his way out of his piano-shaped coffin, jumped into his white limo, got off at the Chuck E. Cheese on Route 9 and threw up all over the place.

• Members

At least they are trotting out the sequins and eveningwear for this "club opening." Gloria has officially morphed into Cruella DeVille in her fox-fur throw and lamé dress.

Sharon looks like she's trolling for male clientele in her skimpy coral number. Seriously, Wardrobe, why didn't you just write "I am a Ho" on a T-shirt and make her wear that?

Jesus, Amelia. Throw a comb through your hair!

• Members

I thought Lame used up all the sap on this show but I was wrong: Jack just bought a decorated Christmas tree in an effort to "reconnect" with Emily and their one moment of whateverness, which just happened to take place on an ice-rink. Whatthefuckever. And PB is such an old ham.

Sharon so wants Adam's ass. And did Amanda Beal write today's episode? Chloe is even more flip and bitchy than usual.

I sort of love Abby calling Jeffrey "Daddy-o" and wanting to dance with him. LOVE Jeffrey.

I will give Rauch props for the Rat Pack-style jazzy background music.

• Members

I LOVE the background music. Once again, Amelia's hair is a disaster... can't someone comb it for her while she's bent over the mirror? Jess is less frumpy today... YAY! It's about time. And holy CRAP, can Chapman chew the scenery any faster today? I've seen more subtle perforamnces from Faye Dunaway!

• Members

Ok... i've got to say this. Keep in mind I have a 27" picture tube, no High def... no large screen and even I can see how HAIRY Amelia's arms are. In the scene where Victor is watching her and Billy Smooch, I thought I was watching the Wonder Woman episode "Gargantua". I know that daytimefan is gonna kill me for this, but in these scene where Jill and Lauren are arguing, Jess looks as big as a house. she should have kept the jacket unbuttoned.

Archived