The Suds Report 7/23/10

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That scene she had where she broke down with Jake and said that she might never see the face of her grandchildren had me kicked my ass. Plus RPG is just so different when he's in scene with her. DM is like his creative ritalin.

One aspect of this that I really like is that they aren't afraid to show Angie struggling with her faith. Usually soaps stay away from religion unless its to push a plot point and that's probably wise since they don't handle the nuances well. But with Angie it's completely character driven. I was, however, really bothered by the scene where David interrupted her prayers and she was trying to explain that she was asking God to give her the strength to deal with him. When two people have the kind of animosity that David/Angie do, no way would she tell him something so personal while he sat there with a condescending smile on his face. I hope that when all this comes out they revisit that scene. It made them both look bad. Angie looked weak and foolish and David looked like such a dick he could've been cited for indecent exposure.

• Members

I loved Angie's praying scene, I mentioned that in the forum the day it aired, but you make a very good point re: her apprehension about sharing her condition with someone as callous as David. Angie still isn't in the right as far as her patients are concerned, but David is a formidable agitator, he's not exactly helping her with her moral dilemma (and that's not David bashing per se b/c he obviously doesn't know what's going on with her, BUT, being a dick on general principle doesn't exactly earn him points either). If Joe was COS Angie would have told him. Jake is sort of what Joe would have been in this situation twenty years ago.

Archived