Inception by Christopher Nolan

Sylph

• Members

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff&amp;hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I can't wait to see this. I heard it's really confusing which is to be expected due to the subject matter of dreams and mind control. I also can't wait to download the soundtrack (Zimmer!). LOL Also, the music in the trailer is spectacular - I think it's going to be used in future trailers (like the way Requiem for a Dream is used).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It still has a metacritic score of 75 which is pretty good, but I could see it being a movie that some critics (and audiences?) start causing a backlash over.

WOW at that article. I have to say I enjoyed reading it but, man he really hates Nolan and his films--doesn't mince his words (in fact it reads a bit like a post you might write about something you dislike, :P ). Although I did hate Synecdoche, New York--but find it kinda amusing how he drops it in just because of that (I don't see much similarity in it to Nolan's work). Hrmm, To try to be fair, there's prob some truth to the comments--to me I enjoyed it more for the experience and liked that it reflected drams with things left unexplained, etc but I certainly can see why some might not.

*edit* I just realized that article was written by Rex Reed. :D Puts things in a different perspective--of course he was brilliant in Myra Breckinridge :P

• Members

No, I still do agree with some of his points (and in general I agree with those critics who wished it had been more emotionally engaging--I think it won't play as well a second time for me cuz I already know the twists, and that's what kept me interested, not the characters). I just found it odd that a major review would use such strong words--usually critics seem to want to sound rational, even if they'd like to use words like hate. But this guy basically tears into the fact he thinks Nolan, and then throws Kaufman in there too, are utter hacks. It's just not the kinda languageI'm used to reading in major reviews--but when I realized it was Rex Reed (who seems to wish George Cukor was still making movies, and is a decent interviewer I think but not agreat critic--even if his was probably the only review of th einfamous flop movie version of Sondheim's A Little Night Music! lol)... It suddenly all made sense--cuz that'show he writes.

When you see a positive Reed quote on a movie poster it's a bit like when you see a Larry King one--it ususally means they couldn't find any others... anywhere :D Some of his early comic writing is quite funny though.

Archived