B&B: July Discussion Thread

• Members

The only real "past" between Amber and Bridget has something to do with Bridget (and Ridge, I think) getting stuck in some kind of snow-hole. Amber set it up for some reason---I think she hoped to expose the Ridge/Bridget "closeness" somehow. I remember cross-country skiing, a microphone/surveillance camera and some dweeb accomplice.

LOL...I would so fail B&B history.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you know I was wondering this. I knew they wer eon the show at teh same time but didnt know how well they knew each other if at all.

Ahhh, all that stuff happeend when I dropped the show. Thanks. Now that I think of it, maybe it also had to do with Deacon? He only married Bridget so he could use her as a bargaining chip to be with Amber. I dont recall them ever fighting or Bridget holding that against her though

me too and I thought Jackie needs to stop hiring pretty young blondes

• Members

But sigh, I'm not interested in that. Owen actually has the hope of an interesting story with Bridget. Can he and Budge co-parent that child while he tries to preserve his Cougartown life? Or will Bridget be "drawn" to the "father of her child" more and more? It's all a little tedious, but at least the story is there. We don't need Amber in that mix.

The obvious stories for Amber relate to Rick, either trying to get back into Forrester good graces or battling them (on behalf of Spectra...err...Jackie M). The story I'd like to see is Brooke being brought to her knees by Steffy's blackmail...and then Amber somehow being Brooke's savior (which would kill Brooke, since she so hates Amber). I'd like to see it where Amber says "You help me get back in Rick's good graces and back into the Forrester family fold, or I'll HELP Steffy bring you down. But if you work with me, I'll crush that b!tch!"

I'm sure they'll have Stephanie be unforgiving toward Amber...but I don't personally want to see that. I loved that Stephanie had a warm spot for Amber (even though I never really understood why)...and I wish that would continue. Amber DID save Stephanie's life at least once.

It was to settle a score with Ridge (and maybe Brooke) that Amber decided to "prove" that Ridge and his non-biologically-related-sister Bridget had feelings for one another. So, she hooked up this plan of "if I could get them confined together in extreme circumstances, they would confess their desire". She then contrived this "unearth a mineshaft at Big Bear (or whatever it was) and they'll fall in and nobody will hear them...I'll have a hidden camera set up there...and I'll record their dying profession of love."

Of course, they DIDN'T do this profession, so their stay in the hold was too long...Bridget almost died.

What I can't remember is if they ever pinned this on Amber? I do recall that was Amber's last storyline...but do they KNOW Amber did this to her?

Amber, whose start on the show was quite strong, really fizzled by the end...and this story ruined her until she showed up in Genoa City. It was so recklessly ruthless and it was not clever...just stupid.

Deacon, whom I also thought was a huge shot in the arm for the story, had progressed long past his bad-boy-seducing-Bridget story into something for meeker. He took up with Jackie, and taunted a stroke-addled Massimo about it. When Massimo recovered (in record time) he had vengeance on Deacon. Didn't he even get Deacon hooked back on booze? I seem to remember Deacon kind of becoming Jackie's pudgy lapdog in their shared home...and then disappearing. Does anyone remember?

• Members

Go to the B&B section at Soap Central and look for Amber's character profile. It will give you a run down or everything she has done, if you are interested. ;)

Meanwhile, I am so glad to see Amber back in this show. I hope she gets involved in the Brooke/Oliver story.

She is looking way better than she was on Y&R, and she is finally away from that prick Daniel. ^_^

• Members

Id rather see a Thomas/Amber/Rick triangle since she has history with both men. It would be funny to see Taylor and Brooke team up bc they hate the thought of either of their sons with her. At first Taylor would try and encourage Amber to be with Rick, while Brooke did the same with Thomas. The two women would fight for interfering and trying to ruin the other's son's life by pushing him with Amber. Meanwhile Amber would be playing both of them, bouncing back and forth trying to have her cake and ea it too. Taylor and Brooke would then in the end realize that the best thing to do is to just get rid of her. They then start to conspire and cook up silly scheme. Could be fun...lol

• Members

I think they did find out. That wasn't Amber's last story though. The last thing she did was save Ridge from Morgan in Rome. He had amnesia and Morgan made him believe that they were together. Amber saw them together and together with Morgan's mother (I think) she put a stop to it, told Ridge the truth and brought him home to LA. I think they did that as a way of redeeming her a little for that previous stunt she pulled.

• Members

I go spoiler free for B&B, so it was a surprise that Brooke started to tell Ridge about the Mistake-y Poo of the Century. I don't have a lot of faith she'll spit it all out before Steffy bursts in backs down, but it'd be a better course of action, heading off StephSr before she can expose it and humiliate Brooke like she did when she was pregnant with Hope.

• Members

Wow another great cliffhanger, totally wasn't expecting Brooke to start telling Ridge everything. Lol @ the Pose song playing in the background during all of it. I don't think she will tell him everything, but the show did do a great job of making it seem like she would. I wonder how she will divert from telling him, she really did dig herself into a hole by saying she mistook Oliver for him. It's only a matter of time before he starts figuring out the other obvious clues and pieces it all together. B&B can go a lot of ways with this, revealing it. I feel sorry for Brooke a little bit, lol probably not a very popular opinion but I do.

I liked Owen being a friend to Bridget, and them bonding at the end over the baby. Oh no @ Amber walking in and seeing them, though.

Definitely will do this, thanks smile.gif

• Members

Those last few minutes with Brooke trying to confess to Ridge about her and Oliver had me cracking up. They kicked in "Pose, Pose, Pose" and Ridge's dim-witted tail can't seem to grasp what she's telling him.

The Steffy/Brooke confrontation was almost as good as a Stephanie/Brooke confrontation, but not quite as good. But it was enjoyable nonetheless. KKL sure can shift from "I can slap a beyotch" to cranking out the waterworks in no time flat!

I'm trying to figure out where they're heading with Amber. Owen or ... Nick? :blink:

• Members

LMAO! You know I loved that use of Pose. Dang that was pretty loud too. I think Brooke told bc she felt she had no choice. She thought she could handle Steffy but once she heard Stephanie would get involved, she knew sh-t would hit the fan.

Let me guess, Amber will assume tht Bridget is pregnant with Owen's baby. Now will she run to Jackie and show her loyalty by letting her on in it or will she confront Bridget or Owen? One thing Im not liking though is that she seems like a different character from her Y&R version. Thats a good thing but I wish there was more continuity. They've completely ignored her son which is how she was written out. Maybe they'll go back to it but I got the impression she was on her own

• Members

I am LOVING B&B right now. It's fabulous, scandalous, campy, fun.

Someone got JMW to tone down the acting, she's improved a lot. AF's return is a welcome one, I don't think she's going to eat the show alive by any means this time around.

The highlight of the week was Friday's cliffhanger with Brooke breaking it all down to Ridge as "Pose" roared in the background. I just LOVE that song now, I can't get it out of my head!

• Members

total agreement with the above

I forgot that Amber had anything to do with saving Ridge. Did we ever get a formal exit for either Amber or Deacon? I'm thinking not.

I am thinking when Amber last appeared (via phone) on Y&R, she said she had put Little D in a boarding school or something? Am I remembering that or confabulating it?

Archived