Tom Cruise Movie a flop??

Soapsuds

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When someone only gets acclaim or attention for playing a sleazy creep, then they might wonder why.

Cruise movies were based on his image. When that image went away, what was left? Tastes change. Look at how many of Cruise's fellow actors in his years of success are not carrying much star power these days. Harrison Ford. Jim Carrey. Mel Gibson (but then he's a whole other story).

There are some actors who manage to continue being known as a star even if their films aren't successful - like Brad Pitt or George Clooney - because they know how to work the PR game. Cruise, for whatever reason, forgot how to do that and once you forget in such a spectacular manner, it's hard to go back.

Add in that Cameron Diaz has, to my memory, NEVER carried a film on her own box office power, and I'm not surprised it was not a success.

I'm annoyed that Adam Sandler managed to get people to go to see him pop out the same old turd. At least this one doesn't seem to have the ugly homophobia that most of his recent films have wallowed in.

• Members

Cameron Diaz is another one with too much hype that has never been backed up at the box office. Outside of the Shrek films, which weren't a hit because of her, she hasn't had a real hit since There's Something About Mary, where she was the main lead. and even that film was more of a cult thing that just grew and grew.

• Members

Flop or not I am sure he still was paid $20 million to do it which is an atrocity in its own right. This man's name as far as I am concerned will be forever tainted as the crazy guy who jumped on Oprah's couch. He's a joke.

• Members

THE BAR...IS OPEN!!

I've never seen the movie but when I was younger used to watch another movie that had that preview on there, I think Big Business, and instead of fast forwarding I ended up seeing the thing about a zillion times.

Archived