Daytime TV Reader's Poll Thread

• Members

Looking at Steve's magazines (the Daytime TV ones) the statement was so wrong. The magazines are full of stuff on Search For Tomorrow. Looking at the older ones compared to some of Steve's new magazines they seem to be very well balanced to me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe Steve and I were close in age. I am 42. I remember Search as an old people's show so I wonder if that was an image problem for them or just a perception I inherited from my own soap mentors. BTW, it's nice to see you Gilbert. Steve and I spoke on and off over the years, a wonderful person. You were fortunate but I suspect he was too.

• Members

Thanks TC. Yes I was very fortunate. Can't say whether Steve was. I could be and still can be pretty hard to live with at times I'm sure. Steve and I had a lot of similar things in common. That is one thing that kept us going.

Steve was 44 when he passed away in December. He would have turned 45 on Jun 6

• Members

I wish I could have had more contact with him last year. I was experiencing health problems of my own. I don't think he ever told me he was in a relationship, though I'm pretty sure I told him I was, longterm, another guy, also named Steve. We got married when it became possible. I tell people I'm the lucky one and HE's the one who will surely go to heaven.

• Members

I'm surprised he didn't. Everybody I hear from esp. on his Facebook say he talked about me all the time. And I have a few e-mails over there to prove it.

Steve and I were together for a long time. We lived together for 2 years and dated quite awhile before that. We started living together when I lost my apartment and I started renting a room from him. And then it turned into more. We always sort of had an open relationship even though toward the end neither one of us saw anyone else. We just had other issues to work out. It was really complicated. But we loved each other. I regret I didn't tell him that a lot sooner than I did. I'll just always have to live with that. But we were there for each other and he is the best person I ever had in my life. He would have given me anything he had and anyone else too. He was just that way. I miss him every day.

I leave my underwear lying on my bedroom floor every morning just so I can hear him in my mind fuss at me for doing so. That was one of his pet peeves. LOL

• Members

It is possible he told me about you and I just don't remember it. For a long while I was like a deck of cards hidden in 52 different places. If he had, my mental picture would have been Jacquie Courteney LOL, I was so self absorbed and scared. Still am, still looking for those last 12 or so cards.

You were there when he needed you most. I'm sure everyone tells you that but only because it is true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow that is a scorching screed against Joan Crawford on that last page. If I had bought this magazine way back when I'm not sure I'd really enjoy that type of thing in a fun soap publication.

That Andy Gibb poster :lol:

Judith Light deserved a better photo!

I guess OLTL was on a big roll at this time, as a lot of actors who were not really overly popular in the long run seem to crop up on their actor list. And three OLTL divas in the top ten...that must be some kind of record.

Interesting to see the woman who played Don's wife Mary on ATWT as a runner up. I wonder why. I guess she should enjoy it while she can as she was fired the next year wasn't she?

I thought of this as a good time for GL but apparently the voters didn't agree. Ranked almost last in the soap list. A lot of actors not mentioned. Maureen Garrett barely mentioned and the only other woman mentioned is Lenore Kasdorf, which surprises me, as I thought Rita was unpopular with a lot of female viewers. I guess she was a love/hate character.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived