Daytime TV Reader's Poll Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK

Ron Harper - Steve Prescott Where The Heart Is. He had done a few primetime shows before moving to soaps. Later he was on LOL,AW,CAP and Generations.

Paul Savoir - Tom Baldwin GH. Brother of Lee. Married Audrey. Father of Tommy.

Vince Bagetta - Pete Chernak LIAMST. Later subbed for Michael Zaslow on OLTL.

Ted Tinling - Vic Lamont EON. Married Laurie Ann Karr

Ray Girardin - Howie Dawson GH.

Yes BP was set on a campus. The Hursleys were creators and writers, They left GH to do this show and handed GH to their daughter and son in law Jerome & Bridget Dobson.

Gloria Monty was director and many well known soap actors were a part of the cast,including Tony Geary.

• Members

Steve has this written on a post-it note next to this poll:

"People today have a false sense of history in thinking that Julie (Susan Seaforth) was the queen of Days at this time. But the early 70's belonged to Susan played by Denise Alexander who was the darling of the show and fave of the fans for many years."

• Members

Yes, and Susan Flannery was there as well and very popular.

I guess when Denise was poached by ABC in 73 and her replacement was not well accepted,Susan saw herself as queen. SF did not court publicity whereas Susan SH had the whole real life marriage thing to get lots of attention.

• Members

I think people could more easily identify with Denise Alexander because she was very empathetic as an actress and because Susan went through so much as a character. Julie was more of a bad girl and more of a plot device, she didn't become more of a heroine until after Denise left, did she?

Thanks Paul. I know of Tom Baldwin, just wasn't sure who played him. Given what a heel Tom was I'm surprised the actor was popular.

• Members

One of my favorite movies is The Towering Inferno. I have always loved Susan Flannery in it. I was totally shocked last year when Steve and I were watching it and he told me I should see her today. I couldn't believe it was the same woman. Steve and I talked about then how she got the Golden Globe nomination for Inferno, but never seem to go anywhere with films after that.

• Members

Who knows why Susan Flannery did not make it in the movies. There is so much stuff that goes on that can affect their career path.

As for the Golden Globes,back then they were very much second tier and not much respected. When Pia Zadora won,it really brought into focus how they were less than reputable.

Not to say Susan Flannery wasn't worthy.

• Members

It's interesting to see Ed Mallory at #1. He was never(to my mind anyway) a good looking man and presented a rather stodgy persona. yet because of the writing and involved storyline, viewers bought into it.

Nowadays,the bulk of stories are acted out by characters in their early-mid 20's and their characters lack the kind of intensity of say a Bill/Laura/Mickey triangle.

Today,that kind of story would be rushed through in far less time and lose a lot as a result.

• Members

Who was Wynne Stewart?

Liz was the one on EON that had the story with Dorothy Lyman, right?

I didn't know Jerry Lacy was on ATWT. I didn't know he had enough of a following to make a list like this. I loved him on Dark Shadows, especially as Tony Peterson.

Who did Nancy Barrett play on The Doctors?

I didn't know Joel Crothers was still on Secret Storm at this time.

Archived