ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Alexis did have a secret daughter. I read they were casting it. The Daughter & Lucky were supposed to become BF/GF and it would be Cassadines vs. Spencers but they changed it and made Alexis' daughter, Sarah's sister

Now I dont know if the change was made before or after GH hired Herbst

• Members

Guza eventually used all the ideas that the 1990’s writing team came up with, even if he just mapped them onto other characters.  The Miranda backstory went to Alexis.  Sam became her secret daughter.  The transplant story that brought Nikolas on was originally a non-Cassadine storyline for the return of Luke and Laura, deemed not big enough (which I think was the correct decision for that return).

Plus the bones of the Nikolas storyline came from ideas Genie Francis shared with Guza and Riche about a story for Laura.  She wanted to play a secret, and thought there was fertile ground for and about her character from when she was kidnapped by the Cassadines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Eileen Davidson shared on AfterBuzz TV last week (Thursday) that All my Children offered her role. All Eileen remembers is that the role would have put her in story with Walt Wiley (Jackson). Eileen who was single at the time and raising kids on her own turned it down because she didnt want to uproot her kids to NYC

Even though she doesnt say the role, I am guessing it was Jackson's (Walt Wiley) sister Kit Fisher aka Christine Montgomery. The role was played in 1998-1999 by Paige Rowland

Edited by John

• Members

I would have guessed Laurel since ED resembles Kristen Jensen, who originated the role.  Either they would have created Laurel for her, or they would have wanted her to replace Jensen (but wound up going in a different direction with Felicity LaFortune).

Edited by Khan

• Members

There isn't. Eva LaRue is the only actress to play Maria Santos, who first entered the storyline as... Trevor's doctor. Here's one of her first episodes: 

100% Laurel. And you're right, Khan, the role was created with Eileen in mind. ABC tried to get her two years earlier for OLTL as a recast Gabrielle... she declined for the same reason: not wanting to relocate to NY.

As for Kit Fisher / Christine Montgomery, AMC was courting Jessica Tuck (ex-Megan, OLTL). Obviously that didn't work out. She dodged a bullet since 1998 was just a major WTF year for AMC.

• Members

*Something "AMC" new to add that I don't think has been mentioned yet:

Pierce Riley, love interest for Janet... then Brooke... originated in 1995 by James Fitzpatrick, ending in scandal and replaced by Greg Wrangler in 1996, himself replaced several months later by Maxwell Caulfield....

The role was created for Kin Shriner, who backed out.