• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Watching an old interview with Robert Conrad and he said he was offered roles twice on Dynasty - Matthew Blaisdell (I assume this is who he meant as he said he was offered "Bo" at the same time as George Peppard went into the show) and Mark Jennings (or as he called him, "the tennis pro"). He turned both down. 

• Members

Agreed. I could maybe see him playing a guest role, like Sam Dexter (if they decided to beef up the character) or Joel Abigore (even if the character was intended for a longer run). But that's still pretty tentative.

I am intrigued by the idea of him not becoming famous and ending up a few years later as Jack Deveraux.

Edited by Franko

• Members

Sorry, but I can't see him as Jack either, lol.

No, if any DAYS character were suitable for Mr. Scientology, it'd have to be Frankie Brady.

Just like I think Julia Roberts would have made an excellent Sarah Horton, pre-"Pretty Woman."

Agree.  And even if he had been part of an ensemble, I tend to see him more as a "Falcon Crest" guy, know what I mean?  Like, as one of the Agrettis, or something.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Denise Richards mentioned on a recent SOD podcast that she auditioned for Carrie Brady on DAYS when the role was recast in the 90s. She said that was the only time she came close to a soap gig in the past. I can't say I can picture her in the role, but I think JER would've had fun with her. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Carolyn Conwell (Mary Y&R) in SOW talked about auditioning for Marlena on DOOL in 1976.

She recalled 'They applauded at my audition, they loved it . But I'm not pretty. I have an off center face. She (DH) is just so photogenic. So that's why I didn't get the part. And I was just as happy, because this (the role of Mary0 is actually better for me.'

Carolyn was 46 at the time of her audition, Deidre was 29 so perhaps they had  a different concept for Marlena before DH was cast.

• Members

Martha Byrne in a talk with SOD Podcast claims when she originally auditioned in 1984 for ATWT's Lily, she was up aganist Lucy Deakins (who got the job) & Amy Locane (Melrose Place, Cry Baby)

Martha also states that OG Lily, Lucy Deakins took the film The Boy who could fly & in doing so broke her ATWT contract & Martha was brought in the next day to take on Lily

EDIT TO ADD: Martha on SOD Podcast said her 2008 exit began as a contract issue but the reason she left  was because of a power struggle from the other side and that wasnt ok & became dark. So she couldnt go back to work there.

Edited by John

• 4 weeks later...