All My Children-Friday, June 18, 2010

• Members

Exactly.

I HATED the concept, intent & execution of "Jesse has two families" but AMC HAD the tools to make it work.

Just like it has the opportunity to create a genuine, unique leading man in JR Martinez which again they wasted.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalia is the only good thing to come out of the Jesse's other family twist. That thing overall was mess that they brought up and proceeded to handle half ass. One thing that bothered me was that Angie didnt get mad. That could have been a good oppurtunity to add some tension to their marriage and have her lash out but she was too easy breazy about it and understanding. It would have been more realistic for her to be pissed with him and need time to get move on. He said that he stayed away for 20 years bc he was constantly on the run for fear of being killed and putting she and Frankie in danger. Instead he was settld down living wth his common law wife and daughter who he abandoned and kept secret. That right there was ripe for instant drama but we didnt get it

• Members

That was the point.

Poor Darnell, Debbi & Laura (forget about Cornelius & Shannon) couldn't play anything cause Pratt wrote the entire story on a cocktail napkin.

As Vee pointed out a LONG time ago Darnell played his devotion to Angie & Frankie (and a much lesser extent Cassie) so strongly upon his return that Pratt's "two families" retcon couldn't be believed.

Add to that the script where Jesse explains what happened to Angie where poor Darnell couldn't even get the slightest thoroughline & you have all the makings of a Phillip III/Cane level disaster of a retcon.

• Members

YES. And again, the main crime of this s/l was not its very existence but all of the POTENTIAL and BEATS that were not played. Angie's lack of outward anger could have even been justified had there been more moments just focused on her internal struggle of "He's back... but where he's been...", she didn't even have a decent girlfriend to talk to. And then to kill off Rebecca without so much as one tears and snot shouting match between the wives, I know the poor woman was dying, but HELLO, SOAP OPERA! We could still be in the thick of "Jesse's return" so to speak, but they got their train station moment and it was like a mad dash to wrap it up and move it on like he'd never been gone. Shoot, Angie should still be waking up in the morning frightened and pinching herself to make sure this is real.

• Members

The simple fact that there has been nary a mention of Jesse visiting Nancy or calling her or anything. Say that she's an ancient character that nobody cares about all you want, but the fact of the matter is, when you want to dig up the graves up 20-years-dead characters, then there's no room or time for cutting corners. Is she still believing that her nephew, who she took in when he a troubled teen, is dead even though he's alive?

• Members

If I was Damon, I would dump Colby. Too much wedding talk. Scary.

So Angie and Jesse are in their 40s? :D

I'm over Jamanda. They're sickening! :angry:

In certain episodes, I feel like I'm watching a collection of vignettes. Jamanda professing their love, Tad/Liza discussing whether they can be together as a couple, etc. It's nice to see but there's hardly any movement in story.

Archived