Which Writers Aren't Working Who Should Be, And Which Show Would You Put Them On?

• Members

With so many strong, proven talents not working (while so many dubious talents continue steering their shows in disastrous directions), it got me thinking: what if we could put together fantasy writing teams that might (emphasis on "might") turn these ailing shows around?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately most of those who aren't working and should be probably don't want to go near daytime.

AMC - Nancy Curlee

OLTL - The Dobsons

GH - David Chase (why not...)

Y&R - Kay Alden

B&B - Charles Busch

Yes, I know a few of those names are working, and I cheated, I couldn't help myself. :P

• Members

For AMC:

Lanie Bertram (script writer)

Nancy Curlee (breakdown writer)

Susan Dansby (script writer)

Chuck & Patti DiZenzo (script writers)

Bridget & Jerome Dobson (head writers)

Nancy Ford (script writer)

John Kuntz (breakdown writer)

Leslie Nipkow (script editor)

Peggy O'Shea (breakdown writer)

Judith Pinsker (script writer)

Mary Ryan (script writer)

Wisner Washam (breakdown writer)

• Members

I'd love to see the Doubsons back at ATWT but would be happy with Latham as HW and EP. She may not have been the best fir for Y&Y (though she stabilized ratings) but, in many ways, Oakdale sees a lot like Knots Landing with many of the charactors in about the same age range. The show needs a face lift, she did this at Y&R with mixed results, but anything would be better than this incarnation.

• Members

As Bell's hand picked successor yes I believe Alden should be HW of Y&R. Where she faltered was in 1. her clashes with Ed Scott 2. following lock step with Trent Jones and Jack Smith as they ran the show into troubled waters in both 2002 and again in 2005. I remember 2002 was the first year Y&R seemed truly boring and the show losing a million viewers as it could still pull in 5's and 6's as late as 2001. But 1998-2001 was quite good, although Bell was still somewhat more involved during those years too.

• Members

I still belive that MAB should be kept as head writter and co-executive producer of the Y&R.a Bell needs to be at the helm of the show. they need to fire Hogan, Rauch and Hamner I belive they are the problem with the show.

here is my Y&R All Star Team

CO - Executive Producers

David Shaughnessy and Maria Arena Bell. I would love for Edward J. Scott to return but David Shaughnessy is the next best thing.

Head Writters

Maria Arena Bell, Kay Alden, and John F. Smith

and the rest of the team

Joshua S. McCaffrey, Marnie Saitta, Trent Jones, Mike Denney, Janice Ferri Esser, Sally Sussman Morina, Jim Houghton, Marc Hertz, Sara A. Bibel.

Y&R legacy writters need to return to the show if it ever has a hope of returning to its glory days.

Archived