"Secret Storm" memories.

• Members

Jill was involved with the character that Joel Crothers played AFTER he had left Dark Shadows. It seems to me that there was little time between those two roles of his.

Before he was in the original cast of Dark Shadows, he had appeared on The Doctors. I suspect that this was when The Doctors was an anthology show or was presenting one-week length storylines.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wilifred Hollister (Bernard Hughes) was a father who had been demanding of his daughter all of her life. He was crushed when she made the decision to leave classical music behind her.

If I am not mistaken, the closing scene on Friday when the American Home Products owned the show and the Monday when CBS owned it was the scene between Laurie and Wilifred in which Wilifred dropped dead.

Does anyone remember if Linda DeCoff or Stephanie Braxton was playing Laurie during that scene. Or, it is possible that Ms. DeCoff was playing the role on Friday and Ms. Braxton was playing the role on Monday.

Does anyone know if I am correct or not?

Also, I am thinking that the switch from Nola #1 (Rita Morley) and Nola #2 (Rosemary Murphy) was the time of the show's ownership switch.

Edited by danfling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I had thought that Mary McGregor had played Susan much later. I am glad to know that it was during this time. This is obviously before Barbara Rodell replaced Audre Johnston as Jill. Gordon Grey must have just left the role of Ken, and I guess that had not hired Joel Crothers yet to be Ken #2. It is also before the introduction of Laurie Hollister, played by Linda DeCoff.

This confirms that neither Barbara Rodell's Jill or either of the two actresses who played Laurie had any scenes with Gordon Gray (Ken #1).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
  • Members

Those summaries were amazing.So detailed and mentioning characters and stories that only were given a passing nod (if mentioned at all) in other summaries.

John Kelly Genovese seems to have vanished.Wouldn't it be great is somehow all his articles and other info were available?