TV's Most Underrated Actors

Khan

• Members

In light of several comments I made in the "CBS Fall 2010 Schedule" thread regarding David Conrad, who I felt was vastly underused as Jennifer Love Hewitt's on-screen hubby in the just-cancelled "Ghost Whisperer," I've decided to create a new thread where anyone and everyone can list any performers from any shows, past or present, whom they felt should have been spotlighted more (by TPTB, by fans, by critics, by everyone). The more obscure the performer, the better.

Oh, and mods/admins? If there is another thread out there which is similar to this one, please delete/merge/whatever.

:-)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's another one: Mike Doyle (ex-CSU Tech Ryan O'Halloran, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"). Contrary to what NBC might like to believe, it's the supporting players -- Doyle; Dann Florek; Tamara Tunie's medical examiner, Dr. Melinda Warner; B.D. Wong's Dr. George Huang; Diane Neal as ADA Casey Novak (when she was still on the show); even Richard Belzer and Ice-T -- who make that show enjoyable, not Mariska "How Does My Hair Look?" Hargitay or that meathead Chris Meloni, whose Elliott Stabler should've been killed off in last season's finale instead of O'Halloran.

• Members

jackpeyton, back me up here ... Charisma Carpenter. Though my favourite character was Anya, Charisma was always my favourite actress on Buffy and Angel.

Cobie Smulders (Robin, How I Met Your Mother) The whole cast is great, but for me, she makes the show. Hello, Robin effing Sparkles, people!

Stephen R. McQueen (Jeremy, The Vampire Diaries) Those puppy dog eyes just captivate you.

A.J. Langer (Rayanne, My So Called Life) She really brought a lot of life to this show. Without her it just wouldn't have been as good.

Jay Baruchel - With every role he gets better and better. It looks like he might finally be making a big name for himself. He makes Canada proud.

• Members

normal_6870798.jpg

Gregory Smith,best known for his role as Ephram Brown on Everwood. Since the show ended in 2006,he's done a few independent movies and has kept a fairly low profile until this year. Greg is returning to TV next month in "Rookie Blue" on ABC,so it will be great to see him back in the mainstream.

• Members

I've nothing against Cabot (Stephanie March); I like her, too, as ADA -- although, since all attempts to replace her and Novak haven't fared so well, I think it's time for the producers to bring in me a male ADA.

Elliot, OTOH...*shakes head*

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived