AMC: Monday May 17, 2010

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I think DW is great but my take is that his heart is not 100% behind the material he's given. And before you come after me about an actor's job and responsibilities, believe me, I get all that. But they are not writing for Jesse Jesse as much as they're writing for that recast Derek. Just putting him in a scene with Angie doesn't make him Jesse by default. He's missing the charm and passion that made him such a beloved character, and if leaving his family twenty years ago wasn't bad enough, they should be going out of their way to make this guy beyond loveable. Having fans regret his return is just awful.

• Members

I don't know what is up with Darnell. It can't just be the writing imo because the writing has improved immensely since his return and he's still overacting.

As far as the episode goes, I thought it was good, but a little dull.

I used to love Jake & Amanda, but now I just get so annoyed with Ricky Paull Goldin, who seems to be phoning it in. I liked Chrishell's performance yesterday and really felt bad for Amanda.

I thought Brittany Allen once again played a good drunk. Even though I don't want Marissa ever to go back to JR, I'm finally caring what happens to the character. JR's conversation with Krystal was good, too.

The highlight for me was David/Greenlee. She really has committed herself to him and as I said last week, this feels like a turning point where Rylee have ended. I hope Greenlee meant what she said and will stay with David if he treats her as his equal!

• Members

Exactly.

Especially the way certain "fans" act about it.

When Bo Buchanan or Hal Munson or John McBain break the law for family or personal interest they are "noble" but when Jesse does let the whining commence & nevermind the writing for Jesse ever since the ridiculous "Jesse Has Two Families" story has been some of the worst character assassination done to a character.

• Members

This has been a problem ever since Derek Frye went from Detective to Chief, and even started to affect Anna Devane during her temporary stint. It's like all the chiefs turn into self-righteous a-holes in PV. The minute Derek turned Chief, he became less interesting, faded to the backburner, and eventually left the show.

When Derek, Livia, Mimi and Lucas were all messed up with Danielle? And Terrence and Taylor were investigating Deconstruction? THAT was some real storyline. And didn't Noah and Aunt Grace came on shortly afterward with his sister? Missing that.

Cuz you know AA folk don't watch soaps. :blink::P

Archived