AMC: How did Broderick do?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was almost 15 years ago. He doesnt have personal history with Liza. Outside of Liza helping he and Babe on the run, he hasnt had much to do with her. He certainly doesnt hate or have anything against her. Why would it have anything to do with revenge or hurting Tad? Pure hot sex between 2 consenting adults

• Members

All sounds very Dorian/Joey/Viki to me, though it seems like Liza has moved on from all of that past drama and would only woo Jamie out of boredom and a sudden spurt of spite. Jamie falling for "cougar" :rolleyes: Liza and Liza resisting-resisting-giving in would make more sense. Though, not really, because the idea of sleeping with one of my dad's exes skeeves me out to the nth.

• Members

We met Justin Bruening's Jamie after having brought a hooker home to screw. He slept with Babe when she was just some random drunk slut on a beach. Not to mention his last relationship before leaving town was with an older woman in Julia... What in the world says "out of character" for Jamie to bang Liza after a drunken night of horniness? That's the whole POINT of a casual sex/one night stand story. Two people who give into an unexpected lust in the moment, and the long lasting repercussions on those around them.

Anyway, the point is, they didn't need to make Damon Tad's 8th child in order for a Tad's Son Bangs Tad's Ex storyline if that was, indeed, where they were headed with Damon and Liza initially.

And if we're going to talk about character, character, character... wouldn't it make more sense for Tad's character to get upset over Liza sleeping with Jamie -- the son Tad raised from childhood to adulthood -- rather than Damon, a son Tad has no real connection with other than finding out he was his son five minutes ago?

Not to mention, with Brooke there at the time, it would've given story to the whole Tad/Brooke/Jamie family as well.

• Members

Well, if anything, Jamie's history with Liza would add wonderful layers of conflict and tension to a story where the two would be drawn to each other sexually. On the one hand, Jamie knows the part she played in Tad and Dixie's breakup; yet, at the same time, their mutual attraction, though repulsive to many, is undeniable to the two of them; to the point where it has tremendous impact on their relationships with Tad, with Opal, with J.R., and so forth. And yes, when their affair is inevitably exposed, it would have to be up to someone like Opal to point out to the two of them what sort of effect this will have on the entire family. That's soap opera.

Exactly. And b/c there is no history among Damon, Liza and Tad, I'm not as invested.

I don't think I suggested that Jamie would sleep with Liza in order to spite Tad, or even that (nu)Jamie would just stroll back into Pine Valley one afternoon, take a look at Liza, and say, "Hmm, break me off a piece of that!" IMO, that sort of motivation is not particularly interesting. It'd be more interesting, I think, if Jamie were to return hurt from some emotional trauma he experienced while away; and if Liza were to pick up on this and even empathize with him b/c it mirrors something that happened in her own life; and then, allow the relationship to progress naturally from there. As always, it's all in how you set up the situation.

Archived